Why often hiccup?
Many people face hiccoughs. As a rule, this is a completely innocuous phenomenon, but sometimes hiccups may indicate abnormalities of the digestive tract.
In this article we will look at why you often hiccup and what you need to do in case of frequent hiccoughs.
Causes of frequent hiccoughs
As is known, hiccups arise from irritationaperture. Usually the human diaphragm works quietly, rises and falls down in a continuously given amplitude. However, if a person takes too much breath, irritation of the diaphragm occurs. Because of this, her work becomes chaotic, and as a result, a person begins to hiccup. The diaphragm literally disperses the air through the body, and when air enters the throat, we hear a characteristic sound.
But if the hiccup happens very often? Here are the possible reasons for this phenomenon:
- Frequent hiccoughs can occur due to damage andirritations of the nerves that are associated with the diaphragm. As a rule, patients with pneumonia suffer from frequent hiccups. Also, this disease affects patients with pleurisy. This disease is an infection of the mucous membrane of the lungs.
- Hiccups can not stop if you often drink strongly carbonated water.
- Frequent hiccups can cause diseases such as stroke, encephalitis, meningitis and multiple sclerosis. Also, the cause of constant hiccups is a traumatic brain injury.
- Hiccups can be a side effect of chemotherapy. Many people who undergo this type of therapy face frequent hiccoughs due to the effect of several drugs on the body. Basically, a frequent hiccup is caused by the drug Dexamethasone.
- Also, the cause of constant hiccough may be surgical intervention. Often people who survive the impact of anesthesia suffer.
- If you are hurted by hiccups at night - then you are not sleeping properly. Also this may mean that you drink too much water at night.
And yet the most popular cause of hiccups is disruption of the digestive tract. Therefore, if you are faced with such a problem, first of all you need to understand your diet.
If you often consume alcohol,eat wrong and eat a lot of fatty, spicy and smoked food, most likely, you started gastritis. Hiccups in this case is only a symptom.
To know exactly, do you have such a seriousdisease, pay attention to other symptoms. For example, lethargy, heartburn, dizziness and discomfort in the abdomen. All these are true signs of a disease associated with the gastrointestinal tract.
About what causes hiccups and how to get rid of it, you can find out more in the article Why people hiccup.