Why does my head hurt?
Headaches are very commonit is difficult to find a person who has never experienced it. Why the head hurts: most often because of inflammation, circulatory disorders, muscle tension and other causes that are caused by other diseases and disorders, the headache is an indirect symptom. Independently, the headache develops within the framework of migraine, there it is not a symptom, but the basis of the disease.
Why the headache is the main reasons.
Headache is unpleasant, it deliversa lot of inconveniences and torments, but at the same time it by its nature is useful. It signals that somewhere in the body something is wrong, sometimes warning us about very serious violations. With systematic, unusual or very severe headaches, you need to see a doctor and get tested.
- Inflammation affecting the structure of the brain,sensitive to pain. It occurs in infections and inflammations, such as encephalitis, meningitis. In this case, the headache is a signal of a very serious illness and it is necessary to consult a doctor to start treatment in time. If you recently caught a severe cold, walked with a wet head in the cold, contacted sick people, or picked up a tick, a severe headache, a very bad sign.
- Intoxication is essentially poisoning. It breaks the metabolism in the body, replaces the necessary substances with harmful substances. It can be poisoning with volatile vapors or compounds, poisonous mushrooms or chemicals, and even alcohol.
- Expansion or tension of blood vessels - it usually appears when the atmospheric pressure changes in meteorologically sensitive people and changes in blood pressure in people with hypertension and hypotension.
- Increased intracranial pressure - it is associated with vascular activity and is often accompanied by a nosebleed. In this case, after a bleeding, the headache can go away, as the pressure has decreased.
- Tumors - if there is a tumor in the brain, itcreates an internal pressure on the skull, which causes a headache. Any tumors in the brain are very dangerous, even if they are benign, because of the limited space of the cranium they will put pressure on the brain structures and can damage them. A tumor can be the reason why your head often hurts.
- Injuries - with damage of any severityit's normal that my head hurts. These can be concussions, bruises, cracks on the bones of the skull and fractures. You could not have noticed how you were injured yourself, but the headache reminds you about it.
- Neuralgia - for violations of neuralgiccharacter, pain can occur without a reason. These are wandering pains that occur in different parts of the body and are not associated with disorders of the organs, but only with nerve endings.
- Pinched nerve endings - in this case, the pain in the head will be given from the cervical to the head and is more a side symptom.
- Psychological factors - due to stress,excitement, fatigue in the cervical and humeral sections of a person there is a tension that makes it difficult for blood to flow to and from the brain, and as a result, headache may occur. In chronic form, this option looks like an osteochondrosis, if you are constantly in an uncomfortable position and overstrain yourself at work, then the headache can become chronic.
- Migraines - the reason why it hurts heavily,can be a migraine. this is an independent kind of headache, it manifests itself in very severe pain, and with additional symptoms: nausea, increased sensitivity to light, noise and odors, as well as visual disturbances: sprockets and zigzags jumping before your eyes and blind spots. A lot of people suffer from migraines and its treatment is carried out with the help of medicines and folk remedies.
How to treat headaches
Ask a doctor neurologist - he will help to find out the cause of headaches and either send for further examination or he will provide you with treatment options.
Rest - if you have a headache intime of stress and overstrain, then you need to protect yourself from these stresses. Can help in this case, and sedatives or infusions of chamomile, valerian or motherwort.
Massage - if the reason why your head hurts is covered by the tension of the neck and shoulders, then massage will help them relax and restore blood circulation.
Painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs- from a headache it is accepted to drink tablets, more often all aspirin or analgin, but they can not cope with the reason or on the contrary to be too strong. In this case, it is better to take more modern preparations based on ibuprofen.
Prevention - timely treat pressure disorders, colds and viruses, do not be stressed and you can avoid a headache.