What to say to the young?
Watch the video
Wedding in any society is very importantevent, because on this day a new family is born, so everything that happens at the festival is very important. Newly married people will remember this day for the rest of their future life, which means that it is necessary to take a very responsible attitude to the issue of what to say to the young.
It is especially exciting to make a wedding speech, if you attend this event for the first time or you have an important role on it. Do not worry much, the main thing is to prepare well and prepare well.
Tips: what to say at a wedding
- Toasts in verse form. If you do not know how to write poetry, then it will not be difficult to find an interesting congratulation in poetic form on the Internet. However, we do not recommend this option, because in this case with congratulations you can get ahead. If you still decided on this option, it is recommended that you stock up a couple of poetic congratulations and follow the toasts of other guests. In addition, the newlyweds themselves could already hear such a toast at other weddings.
- Congratulations with humor are very welcomeat weddings. But be correct in their choices and do not overdo it with jokes, or remembered only loud laughter, and not what you want to convey to the couple.
- When composing toast, it is important to take into account addictionshoneymooners. They will not be able to appreciate the verse toast if they do not like poetry, or, for example, they will not like toasting with jokes if they do not have a sense of humor.
- Congratulations in your own words, containing a description of your feelings for the newlyweds or something important and beautiful from their life together, usually touches the soul most of all.
- Do not include ambiguous phrases or fakes.
- Do not try to fill your speech with complex but beautiful words: the main thing is that the speech should be sincere and go from the heart.
- If you want to congratulate each of the newlywedsindividually - it does not matter, but congratulate both, not just the groom, or only the bride. And in conclusion, necessarily insert the general wish of happiness and harmony in family life, because from now on they are almost one whole.
- Brevity is the soul of wit. This proverb is applicable to many situations, including the wedding toast. They are, like the guests, missed the thread and the essence of the congratulation, if it is long, flamboyant and difficult to perceive.
Wedding speech: how to start
In view of the fact that there are usually guests in large numbers at the wedding, congratulations can begin with an appeal to all. You should also introduce yourself if you are not provided with a toastmaster, for example:
- Friends, let's congratulate with such a wonderful day our newlyweds!
- Friends, let's congratulate the new family together!
- Dear guests, we all gathered today on this wonderful occasion - the birth of a new family. I am a friend of the newlyweds and would like to say ...
But several appeals directly to the perpetrators of the celebration:
- Newlyweds or young;
- Newly-made family;
- Appeal "the bride and groom" usually do not usein the wedding speech, since the celebration and congratulations usually take place after the marriage ceremony. However, you can refer to this: "Congratulations, my friends, you were already a bride and groom early in the day, and now you are a family!"
How to say a toast at a wedding?
Everyone wants to say such a speech at the wedding, so that not only the newlyweds will remember it, but also all the guests. However, not everyone understands that not only the words themselves are important, but also how you present them.
After the speech is ready, itscarefully rehearse. It is better to learn the speech by heart, but even if you are sure of your memory, we advise you to arrange it on paper. The decoration should be beautiful, it will allow to give a festive greeting to the newlyweds together with the gift, which will be doubly pleasant for them. Wedding gifts are devoted to other articles of our site: What to give to the newlyweds and What parents give to the wedding.
However, memorization of speech is not necessary; you can read your congratulations with a beautifully designed cheat sheet, but you need to read it with an expression, periodically breaking away from the sheet.
You can practice in front of a mirror. Be sure to train aloud, so you can hear the toasty moments of the toast beforehand and fix them.
If you feel liberated in front of youaudience, you can supplement your toast with a theatrical performance, using additional details (outfit, small gifts-souvenirs comparable to your toast). In this case it is better to agree with the toastmaster about the inclusion of your congratulations in the wedding program.
Try not to drink alcohol before yourperformances, even if you believe that this will give you confidence. Otherwise, your beautiful speech can turn into a huge shame, and more not for you, but for the young.