What questions does the definition answer?
The Russian language is rich in various meansexpressiveness. Our language differs from many languages of the world precisely in that in its vocabulary it has many synonyms. Therefore, it is considered difficult to remember. For example, the word "game" has more than 200 synonyms. So it is with the minor members of the proposal. Their variety and use options in the sentence give our language sonority and beauty.
Let's look at the example of the definition of how it gives expressiveness to the Russian language, how it spreads the sentence, makes it more expressive.
In the sentence, the definition denotes a characteristicsubject matter. That is, he extensively tells us about the qualities, properties, appearance of the subject. A definition in a sentence always refers to a noun or to another part of the speech that currently appears in the sentence as a noun.
So, what questions does the definition answer?
The definition answers the questions:
- which one? which one? What? what kind?
- what? What is it? What is it? What are they?
- whose? whose? whose? whose?
On the letter, the definition is emphasized by a wavy line.
Examples of definitions
- The boy liked to look at a big (what?) Truck.
- She did not know why her mother (what?) Is strict.
- The sun today (which?) Is bright.
- I see (what?) Terrible shadows.
- He (what?) Is very handsome.
- Olya today (what?) Is irresistible.
- This movie (what?) Is extremely interesting.
- My desires (what?) Are boundless.
- Marina saw (whose?) His ball.
- Where (whose?) Is my notebook?
- Hold on (whose?) Your opinion to yourself.
- Please take back (whose?) Your letters.