What kind of wine is better?
The ability to choose wines is an art thatperfect knowledge of the unit. As in the preparation of wine, there are a lot of trifles and nuances in his choice that make this process difficult, that is why the teaching of this fine science takes years. But what about ordinary people, because we do not specifically teach this. What is the best wine to buy, so that it is pleasant and useful for the organism to spend time?
The nature of the wine depends largely on the terroir -terrain and climatic conditions in which grapes are ripe. This is for a wine natal chart. Therefore, wines that are kind of made from the same grape variety, but grown in different conditions, so differ from each other to taste. Real connoisseurs can from the first sip, determine the conditions in which the grapes ripened. The fact is that the warmer the summer, the more the sun was, the sweeter, richer and richer the drink becomes.
Millisim, or vintage for grapes years, inany wine-growing area is recorded in tables, which professionals remember by heart, the amateur needs to inquire about the yields of the last several decades.
The most successful year of the century is 2000. Wines that were born this year are considered to be at least above average. French wines of 2000 are highly valued, hence the price of teeth. For wines that were born in the Crimea, one of the successful years is 1994.
- The Bordeaux wines are 1990 and 1998. In Burgundy - 2001 and 2003.
- The best Italian wines, the province of Piedmont, were produced in 1990 and 1996.
- Germany was pleased with the excellent wines, from Rheinwein to Mosel white dry in 1990.
- The Spain's millimits fall in 2001 and 2004.
- California gave an excellent Cabernet Sauvignon in 2001.
There are wines that are better to drink at a certain time of the year: in summer the ideal complement to dinner will be chilled champagne or light white wine; In the fall you can warm your soul with a glass of sherry or Madeira.
Remember, wine is not the main event of the evening, buthis exquisite decoration, comparable to the musical accompaniment, to any self-respecting person, should know at least the basics of enogastronomy - the right choice of wine for different dishes.
Principles of choosing wine
When choosing a wine, you should consider the 5 basic principles that should not contradict each other.
- National - the wine of the country is ideally suited to dishes of national cuisine: Ukrainian cuisine is combined with Crimean wines, to traditional French dishes choose French wine, etc.
- Cookery - the recipe for many dishes providesthe addition of wine, and consequently the wine of the same variety should be served to the dish, so that knowing the recipe for the dish should not raise the question of which wine it is better to drink.
- Dominant - dish and wine should be equal inforce. White wines are weaker than red wines - therefore they will approach to easy, gentle, low-fat dishes. Red wines will perfectly complement sharp, heavy, fatty dishes, for example shish kebabs or steak with blood.
- Motivational - the principle by which thewine cards: firstly, light aperitifs that arouse appetite, then - aged wines for main dishes, and the digestives complete - sweet, strong wines: port, Madera and sherry.
- Color - white - to white, red - to red. However, here we should not forget about the third principle: it will be more appropriate to take a light red wine to a fish steak cooked on a grill with sauce. So, when choosing wine for a dish, trust your intuition, preferences and taste buds.
What wine is good
Before you buy a wine, carefully review and read the labels.
According to international rules wineries:
- in the design of labels can not use more than 3 colors;
- The counter-label must contain the address of the manufacturer and the address of its official representative in your region;
- on the ringlet, the year of the harvest of grapes is indicated.
In order to check whether it was correctly storedwine - shake the bottle, if a white sediment rises from the bottom, the storage rules have been violated. The optimum temperature of wine storage is 12 - 14 degrees. The bottle should be kept in a recumbent state, so to determine how good a red wine is, you can look through the bottom to the skylight - the cork from the bottom should be colored with wine.
Choice of high-quality wine
In order not to be mistaken in the choice of wine, every wine lover should be guided in the most common grades of grapes from which it is produced.
What good red wine should I choose?
- Cabernet Sauvignon - red wine, which serves as an excellent complement to dishes from game and beef;
- Pinot Noir - similar in characteristics to the Cabernet, but a lighter red wine;
- Merlot is one of the most popular light red wines;
- Tsinfandel - red wine, a little stronger than the above (the leader of production - California);
- Shiraz is one of the best wines (produced in Australia, France);
What good white wine should I choose?
- Chardonnay is an elegant wine, famous for its light, slightly oily aftertaste. Suitable for light meals of their chicken meat;
- Sauvignon Blanc - one of the "summer" refreshing and invigorating wines combined with light fish dishes;
- Riesling - has a slightly palatable sweet taste (leaders in Germany and California);
Also on the shelves of wine shops you can find blends of noble varieties, for example, Cabernet Merlot.
When choosing a wine, so as not to spend a lot of time looking for an answer to the question, what red wine is better, follow the tips and recommendations.