What is the navigation and the level of its modern development
How can you navigate in space? The answer to this question is given by the whole science, which is called navigation. What is navigation, and what are its features? Where is it used? What types and systems of navigation exist?
What is navigation?
As a prologue to the main thing, let's say a word. Initially, navigation understood the features of the ship's control in order to get from point A to point B. But in the 20th century, during the significant acceleration of scientific and technological progress, new objects appeared: air and space ships, complex cars capable of overcoming hundreds and thousands kilometers. In this regard, new meanings of the word appeared. What is navigation in the modern sense? What is it?
Now navigation is the process of controlling an object that has its own means of transportation in a certain coordinate system. It consists of two interrelated parts:
- Theoretical justification of practical methods for managing objects.
- Choosing the optimal way of movement in space, routing from point A to point B.
Types of navigation
Although a little time has passed since the appearance of new elements, now the variety of navigation is amazing. At the moment, there are 11 species:
- Car navigation. This technology is used to calculate the optimal route for land transport on existing roads due to the presence of visual and, possibly, voice prompts. As a tool, a special car map is used. There can be operational information about traffic jams (in the best examples of equipment, such as a radio with navigation). But then you also need to connect to a service that collects such data.
- Astronomical navigation. The method of establishing the location of aircraft and vessels, which is based on the light or radio emission of celestial bodies.
- Bioavailability. This is the name of the ability of animals to choose the necessary direction of movement when making seasonal migrations.
- Air navigation. It understands the applied science of accurate, reliable and safe driving in the air of various aircraft. The navigation system in this case is a complex computer and hardware complex with which external data transmitters (satellites and antennas) operate.
- Inertial navigation. A method that allows you to determine the parameters and coordinates of an object without attracting external landmarks or signals.
- Information navigation. The process of transition of a person according to logically interconnected data.
- Space navigation. Control of the movement of an aircraft in outer space.
- Sea navigation. Used for navigation in various water bodies.
- Radio navigation. He studies theoretical questions and features of practical techniques aimed at driving aircraft and vessels using radio engineering devices and means.
- Satellite navigation. Popular direction among the population. It implies the use of satellite navigation to determine its own location and the need to move to a specific direction.
- Underground navigation. It implies the use of a variety of means that are necessary to determine the location and direction of movement of specific underground tunneling complexes.
Types of navigation systems
In addition to the simple difference in navigation, there arenavigation systems - special electronic mechanisms that are installed on the sides of ships or vehicles to calculate the best route of travel:
- Aviation navigation system.
- Car navigation system.
- Marine navigation system.
And in the end, a little bit aboutthe subject of the article on a known example of use. As a path indicator can serve as a small portable computer, which goes separately or as part of another technique (for example, car receivers with navigation).
The mechanism of action is this: the connection with the satellite is established, the coordinates of the car and its location on the map are determined. Then the shortest path is calculated and displayed on the screen. True, these mechanisms require a fairly large amount of electrical energy (for example, a radio with navigation). Therefore, it is always necessary to keep a car battery (battery) with a high charge. Now questions that such navigation should not remain.