What is the biggest city in the world?
We are all from childhood, as one famouswriter. Who among us in childhood did not ask his parents about who is bigger: an elephant or a giraffe, or what is the largest city in the world. Now we have grown up, and already our children ask us the same questions as we do.
But everything is changing, cities are also growing in size, in number. I offer you a list of the largest cities.
The biggest cities in the world
About what the largest city in the world, you can find out if you take the data of the most famous Wikipedia site.
- The largest city in terms of populationwithout suburbs, there will be a city - Shanghai (China). In it live approximately (on some sites the different data) from 18 to 24 million person. The area of this city is 1928 sq. Km. km.
- It is followed by São Paulo (Brazil, an area of 1523 sq. Km) and Istanbul (Turkey, area 1831 sq. Km.), And Karachi (Pakistan), on the territory of these countries live more than 13 million people.
- Then Tokyo (Japan) - has an area of 2187 square meters. km., in this territory there are up to 13 million people.
- Mumbai (Bombay, India) withpopulation of up to 12 million people (excluding suburbs, and if you consider, then it is the largest city, over 30 million people, in the world in number), and Delhi over 11 million people.
- Moscow in the list of "Wikipedia" is at the eightha place with a population of more than 11 million people. In the ninth place Seoul over 10 million people, and in the tenth place - Beijing, on the territory of 1368.32 square meters. km, live from about 10 million people.
It turned out, to establish the largest city in the world is not so simple.
First, determine by what parameters, byarea or by number. When viewing the lists of cities in different sources, it turned out that if you take the city in numbers, it is not necessary that the area it will be the largest.
Secondly, the number of people living in different cities by the census is not accurate, since the number of emigrants living illegally is not always taken into account.
Therefore, the question remains open.