What is phonetic analysis?
Many schoolchildren until the last day of teaching Russian at school can not understand what phonetic analysis is. In fact, it's very simple.
Phonetic analysis is the main characteristic of the sound composition of a word and a syllabic structure. Usually in textbooks, the word intended for phonetic parsing is marked with a small digit 1.
During the phonetic analysisIt is important to pronounce the word being analyzed aloud. But automatically to transfer an alphabetic record in sound it is by no means possible. After all, this analysis is characterized by sounds, not letters.
Several types of phonetic analysis have been developed, depending on how the alphabetic and sound characteristics are formalized.
The most common school version:
- Split the selected word into syllables, and then indicate their number.
- We designate the stressed syllable.
- We record the phonetic transcription.
- We characterize each sound separately.
- Specify the total number of letters and sounds. We make a conclusion on the phonetic analysis of the word.
Now you know what phonetic analysis is.