What is activation?
Very often, when installing the program, you canencounter a problem when the program asks for a code or activation key. In this situation, many users try to figure out what activation is and for what it is needed.
Activating the software product
Under the activation of the program (software product) is meant the process of registering a license. Activation is necessary in order to protect programs and applications from illegal use.
In order to activate the software product,you need to enter a special code or activation key (such a special set of characters that the user receives during the purchase of a licensed copy of the program). If you purchased a license disk, then the code should be on the package, if on the Internet, then you need to send the code by e-mail.
After your data is accepted, you will be able to use the application in full. For information on how to remove Windows activation, see the corresponding article How to remove Windows activation.
If the program does not require an activation code, this may indicate that it is hacked or that it is a pirated copy of the original program.
Other meanings of the word "activation"
It should be noted that this word is used not only in IT-technologies, but also in other areas. The "activation" lexeme can be applied in the following values:
- increasing the activity of processes;
- applying special funds to charcoal or other porous bodies for greater absorption of liquids and gases;
- transition from a passive state to an active state;
- if we talk about activation in physics, then this is the process of irradiating a substance with nuclear particles to obtain isotopes;
- the transfer of molecules into an excited state for the rapid flow of chemical reactions.