What is a prototype?
In the literature, talking about the adventuressome main character, the authors often turn to their experience of meetings, emotions, thoughts, impressions. So there are characters or heroes. Sometimes these heroes somehow resemble real people - in this case we can talk about prototypes. About what is a prototype and where we can face the use of this word, let's talk further.
What is a prototype: definition
Often the prototype is the source or the initial sample. The word is used in various spheres, but the general meaning of it is just this.
Also, the word has other meanings, among which one can note the following:
- A person who became a prototype for a writer when designing a literary character.
- The initial appearance or form of an organ or organism, which gave rise to later organs and organisms.
- One who is a predecessor or a model for the next;
- An abstract image, in which a variety of similar forms of the same thing united, characteristic properties were imprinted.
- Fast, rough implementation of the future system.
- Working model, prototype device or parts in the design, construction, modeling.
Thus, the word "prototype" spread far beyond the artistic sphere and is used in all its diversity from literature to programming.