Weather in May 2018 in Moscow and Moscow Region
The last month of spring is the time of trips to the country, favorite holidays, barbecues, mushroom trips. In this regard, the weather in May 2018 in Moscow and the Moscow region is more than usual for the residents of the throne. What will be May: gloomy and rainy, cloudless and warm or traditionally please with changeable weather?
Weather forecast from meteorological center
A respected organization has only short-term forecasts. They are the most reliable. No one will report accurate data for the month ahead: all long-term forecasts are an analysis of long-term observations. According to averaged data in recent years, May is a relatively dry sunny month with only four rainy days (10% of the annual norm). But there are nine clear days.
The average daily temperature in May:
|May 1–10||15-18 degrees|
|May 11–20||14–24 degrees|
|May 21–31||18–23 degrees|
This month, in Moscow and Moscow Region, cold returns often occur when the nighttime temperature is below zero and the daytime temperature drops to + 3-5 degrees.
Data from Gismeteo and Phobos
Gismeteo pampers curious long-term forecasts, but we must bear in mind that they are adjusted daily. That is, the closer the May holidays, the more accurate the forecast. Phobos warns in general that it provides experimental forecasts obtained by processing meteorological information.
Preliminary forecast for the first decade of May
The tradition to go to the May holidays on the nature is still alive. Yes, the holidays are long, or rather, they can be combined, and therefore many plan to travel in advance. Others open the "kebab season", going to the cottages. The latter is just concerned about the weather in the suburbs. Fans of “digging into the ground” use the weekend for “agricultural work”, and therefore they are also interested in the weather.
And Victory Day? The parade, the Immortal Regiment, outdoor events simply "require" good weather.
Signs of May
It was in May that the bird cherry blossoms in the region. It is beautiful, fragrant, but one of the May signs is connected with this phenomenon - to be a cooling off.
The calendar of folk will:
- on the fourth day the bird cherry blossomed out - on a hot summer;
- clear noon on May 5th - to be a good harvest;
- heat on Yegoria - there will be no return of the cold;
- good weather on the eighth promises a bountiful harvest of spring crops;
- the frogs began to croak, the larks sang on May 10 — time to plow the field;
- pure sunrise on Jason - to the warm sunny summer;
- be a rainy fly, if on the 13th the birch sap is generous;
- rain May 14 - to early winter;
- bird cherry colds usually begin May 16;
- the warm night of the 19th is the harvest of cucumbers;
- mushroom summer promises rain on May 21;
- But if the rain happens on May 23, then be a rainy fly;
- fog spreads on the morning of the 24th — to be a storm;
- Sunrise Red May 25 - summer will be dry;
- mosquitoes are circling on the 26th day - to the good weather;
- good weather May 28 - hot to be summer;
- Rowan blossomed on the 29th - wait for the heat.