Treating trees in the spring from pests and diseases. Recipes for 8 fruit and berry plants.
A garden consisting of fruit trees is especially good in the spring when everything is blooming and fragrant. Apple and cherry trees, which are covered with pale pink flowers, are especially pleasing. It is very important to take care of fruit trees during this spring period, especially if they were attacked by pests last year. Treating trees in the spring from pests and diseases is mandatory when caring for fruit trees.
We have made a selection of the most common fruit and berry plants that are in our gardens and give recommendations on how the spring can be treated from diseases and pests. Dosage often depends on the condition of the tree. In difficult, advanced cases, you need to use the maximum specified dose.
The time when spraying trees from pests in spring is divided into the state of the tree - BEFORE and AFTER flowering.Spraying is also possible after harvest, but never during fruit ripening.
Apple tree and Pear.
Processing of apple trees in the spring of diseases and pests consists of several stages, depending on the state of the fruit tree.
How to spray apple trees in spring from pests to flowering:
- Against bark beetle, process BI - 58, Decios, Karate according to instructions.
- For the prevention of scab, leaf spotting: spray with 1% bordeaux mixture, copper oxychloride (40 g / 10 liters of water).
- With a large number of leaf-eating and sucking pests, spray karbofos solution (25-100 g / 10 liters of water). When processing from pests it is necessary to cover the neighboring strawberries and green vegetables with a film!
- In case of severe damage with pear gall mite, powdery mildew, scab, leaf spot, treat the pear with colloidal sulfur (100 g per 10 liters of water) twice with an interval of 7 to 10 days.
10 - 15 days after flowering:
- If necessary, repeat the treatment against pests with the same preparations as immediately after flowering. With the appearance of the codling moth - a solution of karbofos (25-100 g per 10 liters of water).
25 days after flowering:
- In the years of strong manifestations of disease, repeat the treatment with Bordeaux mixture, copper chloroxide against scab, leaf spot, fruit rot.
- If there is a wormfish, put a trapping belt on the stumps of fruit-bearing apples and pears. This will help destroy other pests.
- To destroy the caterpillars, inject a solution of Carbofos (30 g / 10 liters of water) into the hole of the bark. Cut off the ends of the shoots with brown leaves.
- All summer, every day, in the evening, shake the trees off, collect, destroy the wormy cadaver, cut off the branching branches, loosen the soil under the canopy to prevent pupation of pests, and remove spiderwebs.
Cherry and Plum
Treatment of cherries in the spring from pests and diseases, as well as draining is possible with various preparations, depending on the type of pest. Carefully inspect your fruit and berry bushes and decide which drug is better to spray.
During the end of flowering:
- In case of severe damage with perforated spot, monilial burn and for the prevention of coccomycosis, spray the scab with 15 - Bordeaux mixture, copper chloroxide (40 g / 10 l of water).
- Repeat treatment after 12 - 15 days and at the end of leaf fall.
- From leaf-eating and sucking pests spray with a solution of karbofos (25 - 100 g / 10 l of water). Use colloidal sulfur against ticks (50-100 g / 10 l of water), copper-soap liquid (200 g of soap and 20 g of copper sulfate / 10 l of water). If necessary, repeat the treatment after 15 - 20 days.
During the period of fruit ripening on cherry and plum:
- Daily collect and destroy damaged and rotten fruit.
- Loosen the soil to kill pests and infections.
- Treat wounds resulting from damage by bark beetles. Cut the drying out branches damaged by a monilial burn.
After harvesting the berries:
- Spray plum and cherry with karbofos solution (25-100 g / 10 l of water) from pests. With a strong infection with coccomycosis, add chlorine dioxide to the insecticide (40 g / 10 l of water).
Currants and Gooseberries
These two shrubs are similar. Treatment of gooseberries in the spring from diseases and pests is possible with the same preparations as for currants.
- Culling the black currant bushes affected by terry.
Treatment of shrubs in the spring from pests and diseases after flowering:
- Shake the larvae of sawflies into an open umbrella.
- If the bushes in the fall were filled up with earth for destruction from the gooseberry nazhnevka, unlearn them.
- Disease treatment with 1% Bordeaux mixture.Again - after 15 - 20 days.
- When powdery mildew appears, treatment with an interval of 10 - 12 days (50 g each of soda ash and soap / 10 l of water), mullein extract, diluted 1: 3, or a copper-soap emulsion (200 g soap and 20 g copper sulfate / 10 l water).
- During the summer, loosening the soil under the bushes and between the rows to destroy the gooseberry nazhnevka, picking berries with damaged berries and caterpillars, as well as overgrown ribbed berries, sawed by sawmen.
- Cutting and destruction of drying branches.
- Spraying with a solution of karbofos (25 - 100 g / 10 l of water) with a high number of pests.
- Spraying 1% Bordeaux mixture of diseases.
Strawberries, victoria and garden strawberries
How to spray strawberries in the spring against pests during the flowering period:
- Folding around the bushes of straw, pine needles, pines, stretching along the rows of twine to maintain peduncles and prevent infection of berries with gray rot.
- Spreading baits for slugs or spraying plants with slaked lime (20 g / sq. M).
During the formation and ripening of berries:
- Culling bushes with thickened leaf stalks damaged by a nematode.
- Daily removal of berries affected by sulfur and phytophorotic rot, burying them in the soil to a depth of 40 - 50 cm.
- Spraying 1% Bordeaux mixture of leaf spot, gray rot.
- Mowing and destruction of old leaves, spraying with karbofos (25-100 g / / 10 l of water) during mass pest infestation. In dry weather after spraying watering and feeding the berries in the garden.
Caring for raspberries in the spring, and throughout the summer season, will bear fruit. Berries will grow large, healthy and tasty. Treatment of raspberries in the spring of diseases and pests consists of the following steps.
Before the start of bud break:
- Cutting and burning of old seed-bearing shoots (if they did not do this in the fall).
At the beginning of bud break:
- Spraying karbofos (10 g / 10 l of water)
- Spraying Bordeaux mixture (100 g of copper sulfate and lime).
Bud Exposure Period:
- Sprinkle with Aktiltik (6 ml / 10 l of water) from a raspberry stem fly.
- Inspection of young shoots, cutting and destruction of shoots damaged by larvae at ground level.
From flowering to ripening berries:
- Inspection of plants and removal with signs of viral diseases (kurchavost, sprouting, mosaic, vein chlorosis).
- Collection and destruction of diseased berries.
Period immediately after harvesting:
- Cutting and burning of affected and otplodonosivshih shoots, as well as old hemp.
- Raking and burning debris and fallen leaves.
- Digging the soil between the bushes.