Soil for seedlings with their own hands - a proven technology for the preparation of fertile soil for plants.
The quality of the purchased soil is difficult to determine, and the costs are considerable. Therefore, gardeners often bring soil from their own site - beds or flower beds. It is used for seedlings. But in such a ground, since vegetables or flowers were already growing there, pathogens of various diseases can accumulate and some pests spend the winter. How to be? Make a special soil for seedlings with your own hands from the leaves of forest trees, and right on the site, and we will tell you step by step how to do it.
How to make a soil for plants with their own hands
Take a black or tinted plastic bags and fill them with fallen forest foliage. It is important that the trees were not fruit, but forest.If lemongrass grows in the garden, be sure to add its leaves - they have beneficial properties for plants.
- In each bag, put the fallen leaves. Add, if you eat, lemongrass leaves.
- Add a scoop of compost and a bit of any EM drug.
- Put a portion of the leaves again, then the compost, then the EM drug, and so on, until you fill the entire bag.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of any preserves in 200 g of water and pour this solution into the bag. Jam is needed to activate EM drugs at low temperatures.
- Tie the bags and place them in the garden, for example, between beds that are free from plantings, or in any other place where they will not interfere.
After 3 weeks in the bags formed an excellent soil with his own hands, free from any pests and diseases. Bags with the ground for seedlings are stored in a shed, and in the spring, transport to the city and use as directed.