Septic tank for home and garden with their own handsJuly 14, 2010
The problem of waste products of vital activity is relevant both for homeowners with no central sewage system, and for summer residents, but if you make a septic tank to give your own hands, then the problem can be solved as economically as possible.
Septic tanks are local sewage treatment systems that have replaced primitive cesspools. The latter were very simple in arrangement, but inconvenient, and there was also the problem of unpleasant smell. Nowadays, the market is filled with offers to buy septic tanks of various models and designs, but they cost a lot, so it makes sense to think about building a septic tank for the dacha or at home.
There are several options for homemade septic tanks. Septic tanks from concrete rings are constructed in the bottom-down way with the help of concrete rings, plates and cast-iron manholes for pumping out the septic tank. Then the seams are sealed, and a filter layer of pebbles is created. Eurocup septic tanks are very simple and easy to install, but costly, which is unacceptable for some.There is also the option of a septic tank of concrete - the most reliable and efficient of home-made options, but requires some effort during construction. This option will be discussed in the article.It should start with the calculation of the volume of the septic tank. It should be considered based on the fact that one person consumes 200 liters of water per day, therefore, the needs of 3 people will need a septic tank per 600 liters.
Diagram of the septic tank is shown in the figure (top view). To create a septic tank you will need:
- cement - about 18 bags,
- crushed stone - 2 cubic meters,
- sand - 1.5 cubic meters,
- 4 sheets of slate 1x1.5 meters in size,
- pipes: 2 pieces 2 m each, and 1x0.5 or 1x2 meters,
- brick (200 pcs.),
- metal corner,
- expanded clay
- used flat metal batteries.
Doing a septic tank with your own hands
- First of all we dig a pit of the required size. In this case, for a septic tank for three people, they dug a hole measuring 2x3 meters and a depth of 2 meters. It is also necessary to dig trenches for sewage pipes, after which to lay the external pipes in such a way that household waste flows by gravity into a septic tank. Dug a hole covered with plastic to prevent the fall of the earth. Create a reinforcement mesh for the base of the septic tank, taking into account the internal scheme of the septic tank - you need to get 2 separate compartments. Armature can be replaced by boards.Between the compartments we mount the inner tube at a slight inclination, this overflow should be located in the middle of the height of the septic tank.
- Then we concrete the pit by building a formwork (the wider the better). Concrete should be tightly tamped to prevent holes. Concrete is left to dry for a week.
- After the concrete is completely dry, proceed to the construction of the frame - cut into a metal corner and laid as shown in the photo.
- Cut out pieces of slate from the sheet of slate to the size of the resulting cells and lay them on the frame. Then we mount the ventilation pipe, which will draw air into the septic tank. The sewer pipe will serve as the outlet and exit to the roof.
- We put the reinforcement on top of the frame and pour the concrete in such a way that two free cells remain and again wait a week to dry the concrete solution.
- Same as item 5
- On top of the resulting structure, we make a block over the two concreted compartments from reinforcement and lay a brick around it.
- Again, wait a week and fill the space of the septic tank with claydite and clay under the cover. We construct the hatch of flat batteries and cover it with roofing felt.
- Septic tank for three people ready to use.