Pros and cons of stretch ceilings in an apartment and a private houseJanuary 29, 2018
When carrying out repairs in an apartment or a country house, many residents tend to make housing not only attractive in appearance but also comfortable, cozy and durable. To achieve such results it is necessary to use high quality finishing materials.
If we consider the ceilings, then the best option for their design - tension structure. Thanks to them, the interior of the room becomes exclusive, stylish and attractive.
For the manufacture of such ceilings apply high-quality and reliable materials (PVC film and polyester type fabric). For mounting special baguettes are used. The thickness of such a ceiling can be from 0.1 to 0.4 mm. coplast.ru can be found by going to the website of the CoPlast company.
The design of such a plan, like many building materials, has both advantages and disadvantages. On the Internet there are a variety of reviews, both good and bad.If you nevertheless decided on the installation of stretch ceilings, it is recommended that you first consult with experts who will extensively answer any question you are interested in.
Pros and cons of stretch ceilings
Before you go to the store, you need to familiarize yourself with this product in more detail and decide what it can boast. Of the advantages distinguish such:
• the ceiling can be decorated in an original way, since the modern materials market offers a wide range of textures, colors and sizes of stretch ceilings;
• installation is quick and easy. This is due to the fact that for their installation there is no need to process the rough surface, so all the work takes no more than a couple of hours;
• ease of care. To keep the stretch ceiling clean, it is enough to wipe it with a damp cloth from dust;
• if you decide to dismantle the stretch ceiling, then its film can be reused;
• material is reliable, practical and durable. The tension structure is also different in that it is able to withstand rather big loads.Even if the neighbors above you flood, the canvas will not tear, but only deformed. After pumping water, it will take its former form;
• the presentability of the appearance of the material is maintained for many years of operation. The service life of such canvases is more than 10 years;
• democratic cost. If we compare the stretch ceiling with other finishing materials, the cost of it is not large. In addition, they do not need redecoration, and because of the long operational period they will delight you for many years.
The disadvantages of the stretch ceiling are as follows:
• using a sharp object the surface can be easily damaged;
• focusing on the choice of such a design, it is necessary to take into account that you lose a few centimeters of the ceiling;
• due to the popularity of the material on the market there may be unscrupulous manufacturers used low-quality raw materials. In this regard, it is recommended to purchase goods from reputable sources;
• to mount such a ceiling with your own hands will not work, so you should invite a specialist.