Oatmeal Scrub: 7 Recipes for Face Skin
Oat scrub has long been known for its beneficial properties. It is used for the face and body. It is quite easy to cook. Let's get acquainted with useful properties, contraindications and rules for the use of oatmeal.
This natural product has a beneficial effect on the skin:
- cleans and frees it from harmful substances;
- tones up;
- maintains water balance;
- reduces wounds after acne;
- improves blood circulation;
- reduces swelling;
- smoothes wrinkles;
- regenerates the epidermis;
- eliminates black spots and pimples;
- prevents dry skin problems;
- heals small wounds.
The composition of oatmeal
- Selenium- A powerful antioxidant. It is found in oatmeal and prevents wilting of the skin.
- Intense soothing and moisturizing effect haveamino acids.
- ZincWith which oatmeal is rich, the hormonal imbalance that causes pimples is stabilized.
- Vitamin B Groupcontained in oatmeal, stimulates the protective function.
- Vitamin Eacts as an antioxidant: heals wounds and minor injuries.
- Sharp and flaky skin eats thanks topolysaccharideswhich are contained in oatmeal. They prevent sagging of the cheeks and make it elastic.
- Oatmeal is greatexfoliantwhich is suitable for different skin types.
- Naturalabsorbentis oatmeal for the face. It cleans well the excess oil from the skin pores and reduces the appearance of blackheads and whiteheads.
Although oat scrubs have a natural composition, they do not always have a good effect on the skin. The fact is that oats, containing peeling particles, can cause injury to sensitive and thin skin. Consider the contraindications of oat scrubs.
- Gestation period At this time, changes in the body are quite serious, and many procedures for caring for the body are prohibited. Oatmeal can rarely cause negative reactions, but honey and essential oils are part of the scrub, which can cause allergies. Therefore, it is better not to risk it.
- Gentle sensitive skin. Such skin is easy to injure.Therefore, do not use oat scrubs for peeling delicate skin.
- Eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis. For such dermatological diseases, such scrubs are contraindicated, as they may aggravate the situation.
- Cuts, wounds. Scrubbing should be eliminated if there are scratches on the skin. Getting into the wounds, the mixture causes inflammation and pustules. Oatmeal mucus is an excellent breeding ground for microorganisms.
- Ulcers and burns. They refer to serious damage. In such cases, refrain from peeling oatmeal, so as not to increase the pain. The oatmeal itself is harmless, but the ingredients in the scrub can slow down the healing process. You must wait until the wounds heal, then use the tool.
- Venous nodes. With venous diseases, it is better to refuse such procedures. If the damaged areas are small, you can not use them.
- Kuperoz. Since oatmeal improves blood circulation and dilates blood vessels, it means that it cannot be used with an asterisk and a vascular grid.
- A tan. Oatmeal scrub do not use after sunbathing,since it will spoil the bronze tint of the epidermis and increase the sensitivity. In this case, the likelihood of pigment spots also increases.
- Allergic reactions. If there is a tendency to allergies, then some mixtures based on oatmeal are contraindicated. Before using the scrub, do a test on the back of the elbow.
Oat scrub application rules
- Heat the face and clean it. To do this, use herbal steam baths.
- The composition is applied in a circular soft movements along the lines of massage for 5 minutes.
- Do not apply the scrubbing agent to the area around the eyes during the procedure.
- After the skin has been treated, keep the mixture on the face for another three minutes.
- Wash off the mass with water at room temperature and moisturize the skin with a cream.
- Oatmeal scrub for the face cook immediately before use. Its residues cannot be stored.
Face Scrub Recipes
Three ingredients are part of this scrub. This oatmeal, honey and base oil (olive, coconut, almond). Everyone knows honey for its natural, healing and antibacterial properties. Oil is also easy to clean the pores of the skin, moisturizing and nourishing it.
In a blender, grind two portions of oatmeal. Take one piece of honey and base oil. The ingredients are mixed to obtain a thick sticky mixture. You can dilute it a little green tea or water. Apply the oat scrub evenly on the face, leave for a couple of minutes, and then rub into the skin. Then rinse with water. After this procedure, the face gets a surprisingly fresh look.
For all skin types
Oatmeal and Cucumber Scrub
Fresh cucumber (1 tbsp. L) grind on a coarse grater, add 1 tbsp. l oatmeal.
Mode of application:
Mix the ingredients, then after washing for a few minutes, scrub the moist skin, then wash with warm water and apply the cream. Owners of oily skin is recommended to add to the mixture 1 tsp. wheat flour.
Oatmeal scrub with soda
Mix 1 tbsp. l baking soda, 1 tbsp. Hercules, 1 tbsp. l warm water. Leave them for five minutes under the lid. It should make a composition similar to the consistency of the paste. Scrub the face, wash and apply the cream.
Hercules with rosehip scrub
Mix a floor of fresh small cucumber, 3 ml of rosehip oil and argans, 1 tbsp. Hercules and 10 ml of milk and combine them into a homogeneous mass, let stand 10 minutes under the lid. Next, treat the skin, wash your face and grease with cream.
For dry and normal skin
Classic scrub recipe
1 tbsp. l oat flake mix with ½ tbsp. l powdered milk. Then, pour the heated milk on them so that the mass is completely covered. Cover the top with a lid and leave to swell for 10 minutes. Scrub skin gently with the resulting composition.
Hercules scrub with carrot juice
1 tbsp. l oatmeal pour fresh carrot juice so that they are completely covered with it. Next, leave them for 10 minutes to swell. Use the mixture for peeling, then wash and apply cream at room temperature.
For mixed and oily skin
Protein oat scrub
Connect to a homogeneous mass of ½ tsp. almonds, crushed in a coffee grinder, oatmeal, low-fat yogurt and 1 pc. egg white. Apply to skin, massage for a few minutes, then rinse with cool water. Finishing the procedure, lubricate your face with a cream that suits your skin type.
Making and applying oatmeal facial scrub consider the above recommendations. It would also be useful to consult a cosmetologist.