Mushroom places in the Kaliningrad region. Tips for tourists
On Earth, there are a lot of places wheremushrooms. In total there are more than 65 thousand species. In this article, we will tell you what mushrooms grow in the Kaliningrad region, the westernmost region of our country.
Kaliningrad region - recreation area
It is not only mushroom places that are attractive for guests and locals. Kaliningradattracts tourists from all over the world. This is a wonderful place for recreation, including active. How nice to walk in the woods, where you can breathe in plenty of fresh air. Forest hikes are also useful because on the way you can meet various mushrooms, including those suitable for food. So it's just necessary to combine business with pleasure and get out into the forest. Moreover, there are mushroom sites in the Kaliningrad region, and there are a lot of them.
The main forest areas where mushrooms grow
In total there are about 450 forest areas in the Kaliningrad region. Quite conventionally, forest lands are divided into 4 zones:
- The Neman lowland (Slavske lespromkhoz,Ilyichevskoe and Polesskoe forestry). In these forests, a very common type of trees, such as black alder. The soil of forestry enterprises is peaty-marsh, podzolic or silt-marshy.
- Krasnoznamensky Lespromkhoz and Nesterovskymehlekhoz. The territory of these regions has a diverse terrain. Here you can find quite high hills, consisting of sand, gravel, pebbles and huge boulders. The hilly area was chosen for a pine. And where there are heavy loamy soils, mixed forests grow. And these are fine mushroom places in the Kaliningrad region, which must be visited during the season.
- Curonian and Baltic leshoz. They are near the Baltic Sea, respectively, the land in this area is sandy. Constant winds create very unfavorable conditions for any vegetation, including trees. Therefore, mushrooms in the Kaliningrad region, on this territory, can be found on sandy spits in a pine forest. On the dunes, mountain pine grows. In the lowlands - birch and black alder in the main. Noble trees can hardly be found here.
- The remaining forests belonging to the fourth zone, preferably spruce-birch. It's here that you can see and oak, and ash, and even hornbeam.
What kind of mushrooms are found in the Kaliningrad region?
Mushrooms do not grow anywhere, but prefercertain soil and forests. Accordingly, in each zone grow only mushrooms peculiar to this territory. In the Kaliningrad region, in addition to noble mushrooms, you can collect a lot of other:
- White mushrooms.
- The waves.
- The grapes are white and black.
- Mushrooms are sheep.
- Oily and others.
The main thing is not to get goblets and false mushrooms,because the mushroom sites of the Kaliningrad region are rich and poisonous. The mushroom season begins at the end of summer and lasts until late autumn. Large forest areas with an area of about 100 square meters. km in the area a little - only seven. In general, the forest occupies small areas, so it will be very problematic to get lost in it.
Since the area is rich in forests, respectively, andplaces where grow mushrooms, a lot. Therefore, one can not unequivocally answer the questions, where are the mushroom places of the Kaliningrad region and how many of them. The appearance of such sites is influenced by numerous factors, such as:
- Conditions are the growth of one or another type of fungi.
- Remoteness of places from settlements.
- Personal preferences of a mushroom picker.
Therefore, a map of the mushroom sites of Kaliningradregion is made taking into account the above factors. Consequently, it is not 100% accurate and complete, but in many respects it will help those who are going to have a good rest in nature.
Tips that will help those who first go to collect mushrooms in the Kaliningrad region:
- Alone in the forest, and even more unfamiliar, walking is not recommended.
- It is necessary to keep in the forest at a distance of about 10 meters from a person who is well acquainted with the territory.
- The forest should be clearly visible within a radius of 30-40 meters.
- You must have a compass, phone or navigator.
- It is advisable to go to the forest in the morning, about seven o'clock and before dinner.
- You do not need to take unfamiliar mushrooms.
- You can not touch, cut off grebes, fly agarics and other poisonous, but very beautiful-looking mushrooms.
- Collect the mushrooms you need without damaging the mycelium, that is, the mushrooms are cut with a knife. And do not pull out with the root.
- When resting, you do not need to leave a knife in the ground, as it can be lost.
- You do not need to collect mushrooms near highways.
- Equip in accordance with the recommendations given below.
Equipment mushroom picker
Going to visit forest plantations and,accordingly, the mushroom places in the Kaliningrad region and not only need to be prepared. That is, to collect some things and ammunition. Required mushroom gear:
- Rubber boots, even if the forest is dry.
- Remedy for mosquitoes and ticks.
- Container for mushrooms, preferably a basket.
- Sandwiches and water.
It is necessary to wear a suit of dense fabric, trousersmust be tucked into boots. Sandwiches will be very handy, because in the forest just a "brutal" appetite awakens. If the phone is equipped with a camera - it's just wonderful. Since visiting the mushroom sites in the Kaliningrad region, you want to capture interesting natural places that will be remembered for life, because the flora and fauna of the local forests is rich and diverse.
Instead of idle lying on the couch, you canusefully spend time in the woods with a bowl. Traveling to different corners of our planet will help to get not only a lot of pleasant impressions, but also a lot of new knowledge.