Mastic for a cake: recipes with a photo
Fashion for decoration of confectionery products "sugartest "- mastic - sweet tooth brought back a few years ago from the United States. Today, this method of making cakes is becoming increasingly popular. Such a delicacy invariably attracts admiring glances of the guests at any feast. And it's absolutely not surprising: with the help of mastic wizards create real decorative masterpieces for decorating desserts.
Cake making service, decoratedmastic, today, many confectioneries are provided, but the cost of such a treat will be an order of magnitude higher than usual. In addition, it is well known that many lovers of sweet today prefer home-made pastries. How to make mastic for a cake yourself? The recipes for making a product can be found in the article.
Mastic is extraordinarily interestinga cake decoration option. The basis of the product is its constant component - sugar powder. The rest of the ingredients can vary - for example, the confectioners are very willing to use gelatin, marshmallow, starch, marzipan, condensed milk, egg whites - depending on the purpose for which the mastic is needed.
Marshmallow is mainly used in the recipemastics to cover the cake. The product gives the cake a smooth, smooth surface that does not crumble and remains soft. For coating it is also convenient to use mastic from condensed milk, which, as the masters say, is prepared even easier than from marshmallow. To make figurines it is convenient to use gelatinous mastic, for making flowers - milk or sugar, which harden well, but are not suitable for coating a cake, since such a surface will crumble severely during cutting.
Basic rules of preparation
There are many different waysmaking "sugar test". Mistresses with pleasure use any vending recipe mastic for a cake at home. In addition, they willingly share their impressions and experiences, publish tips and recommendations. Here are some of them:
- At the beginning of the creation of cake mastics at home, a step-by-step recipe for the production of which is presented in the article, it is necessary to grind the powdered sugar finely, otherwise the paste will tear.
- During cooking, you should monitordensity of the mixture. In the event that the powdered sugar or dye will be used more than indicated in the mastic cake recipe, the mass will turn out to be very fragile.
- During cooking, the mixture should periodically "rest" in the refrigerator - so it will not stick to your hands.
- The shelf life of the "sugar dough" in the freezer is about four months.
Milk mastic: recipe for cake (from condensed milk)
Milk mastic is made from milk (condensed and dry), as well as powdered sugar. It is used to create complex decorative compositions.
For cooking you need:
- one glass of milk (dry);
- one glass of sugar powder (1 stack should be kept in reserve);
- condensed milk - 150 grams;
- one tsp l. lemon juice.
How to cook?
At the beginning of the preparation, the mastic for the cake (the prescription with the photo is suggested in the article) powder is sieved. In this case, all the unbroken lumps should be discarded, since they will not dissolve during the mixing.
Sugar powder mixed with milk powder, pour into the mixture of lemon juice and condensed milk and knead the mastic dough. If necessary, you can pour a little more sugar powder.
The consistency of the mastic should be elastic and homogeneous. When it is ready, it is sent to the fridge for a little "rest", and you can decorate it with dessert.
How to decorate mastic
This kind of mastic is pleasant milktaste and is great for covering cakes. But it should be taken into account that the product never gets white, it always has a specific cream shade. If you want to make a cover to treat more saturated tones, we recommend the use of food colors. Mastic can be dyed with natural juices (spinach or beets), but it must be taken into account that juices greatly dilute this product.
Cream with condensed milk
In the mastic recipes for condensed milk cake isone of the most popular products. To smooth the surface of the dessert and effectively fill the pits between the cakes, many home workers make a cream for mastic with condensed milk and butter. It is easy to prepare and does not require any additional skills and training.
To do this, use:
- 250 g butter;
- one can of condensed milk;
- crumbled cookies or cakes from a cake - if desired.
Let's start cooking:
- The oil is laid out in advance: it is necessary that it softens at room temperature. It is placed in a bowl, where it is combined with condensed milk.
- All whisked by hand using a whisk or mixer. The mass should be completely homogeneous and plastic.
- To her add crumbled scraps from the cakescake or cookies and mix thoroughly. The amount of crumb used should allow to create a soft, medium-thick cream, which could easily be spread with a spatula or a knife.
If the surface of the cake should be perfectsmooth, tools are recommended to be lowered into hot water and used, not wiping, but only by sprinkling water from them - several times to hold them over the surface.
After the ideal smoothness of the surfacegoodies will be achieved, the cake is hidden in the refrigerator, so that it thickens. Subsequently, on the surface you can lay out a variety of mastic figures.
Mastic from marshmallow
The most common of the ways of making a dessert decoration is a mastic recipe for marshmallow cake.
With this product, as the skilled workers assure, workvery nice. Mastic is able to easily take the desired shape, well rolled out and does not stick to your hands, while staining fairly evenly. Marshmallow many home-made confectioners consider the ideal product for making mastics.
What it is?
Marshmallow is English-American sweetsfrom marshmallows (souffle). With our marshmallows, they have nothing in common, although the name "marshmallow" is translated into Russian as "marshmallow." Masters recommend using white sweets, which are easy to paint in the right colors. In the presence of two-color sweets, they are separated and used separately in different shades.
We prepare the mastic on the basis of marshmallow: composition
One of the recipes for making mastic cake from marshmallow involves the use of:
- air marshmallow "marshmellow" - 100 grams;
- lemon juice - 2 table. spoons;
- sifted powdered sugar - 100 grams.
- In accordance with the recipe for mastic cakemarshmallow spread in a large container and, sprinkling with lemon juice, heated in a microwave until the mixture has increased in volume. This will take no more than 1 min. Heating marshmallows, they can be mixed once or twice.
- The heated marshmallow is thoroughly kneaded and kneaded with a shovel (the mass thus becomes similar to a chewing gum). Gradually add the powder (sugar) and then the mass weighs like a dough.
- It should be borne in mind that in hot form the masstakes in a larger amount of powdered sugar than is required in the mousse recipe for a cake. Do not rush to add more powder than indicated, you need to give the mastic some time to cool down and "relax" (about 2 hours). Add an extra powder can and in the finished cold mastic, and remove the excess - it is impossible.
As indisputable advantages of this type of "sugar test" is that this product can be used both for coating and cording of cakes, and for creating figurines.
According to the recipe,cake, during the batch, add to the mixture of 1 tbsp. l. butter and sugar powder. As a result, you will get a soft, soft mass, which can easily cover the confectionery product. And for modeling use a dense, tight mastic with a lot of powder and without oil.
One of the undoubted advantages of the product,The view of housewives is that it is two-color: you can create a perfectly white surface of the cake, if you use white sweets, or colored - using multi-colored. This mastic is an excellent option for those who do not have a set of food colors in the kitchen arsenal. According to reviews, this mastic differs pleasant sweet taste and aroma of air marshmallow (vanilla, strawberry, lemon - depending on the flavor added to it).
- Sugar powder for mastic should be used very fine grinding. The sugar crystals in it will rupture the sheet when rolling.
- Depending on the type of candy involvedthe volume of powdered sugar can be used much more than it is specified in the recipe, therefore it should be stocked in advance in sufficient quantity. If during the mixing process the mastic remains sticky for a long time, the powder should be kneaded until it acquires the necessary consistency.
- It is not recommended to coat the mastic withmoist surface - on cream (sour cream), soaked cakes, etc. Under the influence of moisture, the mastic coating and figurines quickly dissolve. Therefore between her and the cake must be located "buffer layer" - marzipan or oil cream (thin layer).
- When using an oil cream before applying a coating of mastic, you must hold the cake in the refrigerator until the cream hardens.
- In order to glue different parts of the figures from the mastic or to glue the decorations on the mastic coating, the place of bonding must be moistened.
- A long stay in the air dries the mastic. Figures to decorate the cake experts recommend to create in advance and give them a good dry out. Volumetric figures, for example, are attached to the cake just before the feed itself, otherwise they can absorb moisture from the environment and fall away.
- In a room with high humidity, coveredmastic cake, extracted from the refrigerator, covered with condensation. If there is still some time left before the feed, during which the cake should stand, taken out of the refrigerator, moisture from the mastic should be gently drained with a napkin. Also, the cake can be drained under a stream of a fan.
- If the cooled mastic is poorly rolled out, then it is recommended that it be slightly heated in a warm oven or microwave oven, as a result of which it will again become plastic.
- Unused mastic is stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer - about 1-2 months. Beforehand, it must be wrapped in polyethylene film.
- Ready-made mastic figures (dried) are stored in a dry place in a tightly closed box for several months.
Another popular recipe for mastic cake inThe home environment is making it out of chocolate. Is it possible to find someone who does not like this dessert? Let's find out how to make chocolate mastic for a cake. The recipe with the photo is offered further in the article.
You will need:
- marshmallow - 100 grams;
- chocolate - 100 grams;
- butter - 1 table. a spoon;
- fat cream - 2 table. spoons;
- powdered sugar - 200 grams.
How to cook a delicacy
Stages of cooking are as follows:
- First you should melt the chocolate, using a water bath or in a microwave.
- Then add the marshmallows and mix.
- The composition should be heated to marshmallow increased in volume, and stir well. The consistency of the mass should be perfectly homogeneous and viscous.
- Into this mass pour in warm cream, add oil. Stir well to make a homogeneous mixture.
- Then you need to gradually add a little sugar powder (sifted) and knead it like a dough.
- Ready mastic (soft and pliable, not sticking to the hands) wrapped in a film and allowed to lie down. This mastic is used to cover cakes and molding figurines out of it.
Mass used for modeling, make moredense, rather than for the tightening (the density can be adjusted by adding powdered sugar and / or starch). Chocolate mastic differs strongly pronounced taste and aroma of chocolate. Depending on the kind of dessert used, the mastic can have a brown or cream color. If desired, it can be tinted (if the basis is white chocolate). It is recommended to add food dyes during the kneading phase of the "sugar test".
We bring to your attention one more simple recipe of mastic for a cake - on gelatin. Ingredients:
- gelatin - one tsp;
- water (cold) 40-50 grams;
- lemon juice - 0.5 tsp;
- at will add dyes and powdered sugar.
- Gelatin is soaked in water until it swells (it will take from 10 minutes to one hour).
- After swelling, it is heated to dissolution. In no case do not boil! When boiling, gelatin loses its qualities.
- Next, lemon juice is added to the gelatin and, whennecessary, dye. After that, sugar powder (sifted) is put in there. It will take about 100 g. The mass should turn plastic, soft, not sticking to the hands. You can try to stretch the mastic - it is necessary that it stretches well. If this is so, add powder should no longer be: the excess powder will make the mastic rigid.
- The product is wrapped in a film and cleaned in a refrigerator.
Gelatin mastic is used for shaping excellentfigurines, it dries quickly enough. But it will not be possible to pull the cake with this product. Gelatin mastic is distinguished by a neutral (simply sweet) taste, because, in fact, it is sugar, which is its main product.
The most common types of mastic describedin the article, it's easy to make in the home kitchen from quite affordable ingredients. Of course, for qualitative execution, you need some skill and experience. But it is enough only to practice a little, having tried each of the described types of mastic, and you certainly will choose the best one that will be obtained from you each time more and more successfully!