Interiors of loft-style apartments: a special look at interior design
In English, the word loft (loft) is an attic, the upper floor of a warehouse. Loft style originated in the 40s of the 20th century in New York. Here, for the first time, they began to use cheap rooms under the roof of old buildings for offices and housing. And in the 50s, the original lofts acquired the status of elite housing. Today, the loft style in the interior is becoming increasingly popular in Russia.
Interior features in loft style.
The interiors of loft-style apartments have a number of features:
• Huge room, high ceilings, large floor-to-ceiling windows.
• Open plan. Partitions are separated only utility rooms and bathrooms.
Loft style kitchen-living room interior
• The interior uses parts from the industrial past: pipes, metal stairs, stored elevators and others.
• Loft-style interior design involves the use of exterior items: swings attached to the ceiling, hammocks, baseball nets and even trees.
• Primary colors - muted - dusty tones, bright spots are used as accents.
• Minimal wall decoration - embossed plaster, paint of complex colors.
• Antique brickwork is the perfect backdrop for interior design.
Loft style living room interior design
• On the floor you can see wooden boards, concrete, less often tile, stone, self-leveling floors and a massive board of light colors.
• Bright and stylish carpets that give comfort to this brutal interior.
• Ceilings are left intact: load-bearing beams and old painted concrete.
Old brickwork, concrete floors, modern appliances and a new sofa - this is a loft style.
• Powerful lights. The most common industrial lamps: bus and cardan systems with spotlights.
• Decorative lighting zones: art - objects, protrusions, niches.
• Central lighting system that allows you to turn on and off the light from any angle.
• Blinds or light curtains are hung on the windows.
• The main part of the furniture in a modern style, but with the right approach to the interior will fit and old Victorian armchairs.
• With the help of furniture, the space is zoned.
• Decoration plays a huge role. On the walls hang pictures, posters, street signs, road signs.
Loft style living room
The living room is not separated from the kitchen by partitions and a door. Zoning occurs through the use of various architectural solutions and design techniques. You can separate the living room from the kitchen with a bar counter or with floor coverings that differ from each other in color. Screens, double-sided shelving and partitions made of glass blocks will help to delimit the space.