How to weave a shamballa bracelet?
Watch the video
Shambhala is a mystical country, lostsomewhere in the Tibetan mountains. No one knows for sure where this country is located. It is believed that the Shambhala lived possessing sacred knowledge, they know the secrets of the universe. According to legend, Shambhala is surrounded by 9 snow mountains - that's how many Tibetan monks tied up their bracelets, woven from leather cords. These knots protected the monk from all misfortunes and adversities.
As you can see, this bracelet is not just stylishdecoration. This is a kind of talisman, which has a sacred meaning. This amulet should be made by hand, then its energy will increase several times.
Today we will talk about how to weave a bracelet of Shamballa. This is not very difficult, so even a novice needlewoman will cope with this task.
How to make a shamballa bracelet with your own hands
Prepare the following materials:
- waxed or leather cord length of 2 meters;
- 9 large beads;
- PVA glue;
Before weaving a shamballa bracelet, visitshop for needlework and pick up a cord and beads. The cord can be replaced by thread floss, folded 5-6 times, but then the bracelet will be less quality. If you want to make a traditional bracelet, like the Tibetan monks, you will need exactly 9 round beads. When buying beads, consider that the diameter of the holes should be quite large, so that the cord can easily fit into them.
The process of making a bracelet
- Cut the cord into 2 pieces - one - 1 m. 20 cm., and the other - 60 cm. At one end of the short cord tie a knot and put it vertically with a knot down - this will be the basis of our shamballa bracelet. We must weave on a flat, flat surface. Beginners can use a cushion or a flat piece of foam, where the working thread, or in our case, the cord, is fixed with pins.
- Now take a long cord and tie it around the base cord, stepping back from the nodule 20 cm. The ends of the long cord should be equal on both sides.
- The bracelet itself is padded with the help of square knots intechnique of macrame. To do this, take the left thread of the working cord and turn it under the base. Then place it on the right side of the working cord. Tie the knot. Do this with the left and right threads in turn. If you only weave on one thread, then the bracelet will start to twist.
- Weave this way 25-30 square knots. Now you need to string and blossom the first bead. To prevent the beads from rolling around the bracelet, fixtheir same node. String a bead on a cord, make three square knots, string another bead and so on. Continue until you fix all 9 beads.
- At the end of the weaving, weave the same number of squareknots, how much you wove at the beginning of the bracelet. At the ends of the finished product, tie up the usual knots and drip some glue on them - this is necessary so that the bracelet does not disintegrate during the wearing process. Other information on how to make a shamballa bracelet, you will find in these articles: How to make a Shamballa bracelet and How to tie a bracelet
All needlewomen are advised to go to the section Jewelery on our portal - there you will find a lot of interesting tips, master classes, articles about handmade ornaments.