How to use glasses?
If the doctor has assigned you glasses - it is not necessaryget upset. Remember that wearing glasses is a very effective measure for the prevention and treatment of visual disorders. In addition, now in optics and stores such a wide choice of shapes and frames that glasses can become for you not only a means of correcting eyesight, but also a fashion accessory. Of course, for glasses to be useful, you need to consult with an eye specialist beforehand and find out how to use glasses correctly. We will talk about this today.
How to wear glasses correctly
First of all, you need to see a doctor forpurpose. Do not wear glasses at all, even if it seems to you that they are perfect for you. When selecting glasses, not only the specific vision problem is taken into account, but also the anatomical features of the structure of the eyes of each person. In addition, there are other nuances: for example, glasses of your glasses should be located at a distance of no more than 12 mm from the eyes. Otherwise, the optical effect of the glasses may change. Dirty glasses can also damage your eyes, so you need to carefully monitor their purity. To do this, it is enough to wipe them regularly with a piece of soft cloth. For proper care of glasses, you must purchase a case (a case for glasses), it will protect your glasses from scratches. Getting used to points occurs, usually, a field of two weeks of socks. If after this period you still feel discomfort: your eyes get tired or watery - contact the oculist. It happens that discomfort when wearing glasses is associated with any defect in their manufacture, for example, such a common problem as rubbing the bridge of the nose can be easily corrected by giving glasses for repairs to the optics.
How to use glasses for myopia
At a small myopia (no more than 3 diopters)wear glasses need to constantly, so as not to squint and do not strain your eyes. The exception is cases where visual work is done near (at a distance of 20-40 cm), for example, reading or writing. With severe myopia (more than 6 diopters), an ophthalmologist can prescribe to you not just glasses. In this case, the recipes are usually written "for permanent wearing" or "for dal". If your short-sightedness progresses, then it is not enough to know how to wear glasses, you still need to observe a number of the following rules:
- The visual work should be no more than 5 hours a day with obligatory breaks for rest every hour.
- The place of work of a person with high myopia should be well lit.
- When severe myopia is prohibited heavy physical work, as well as active physical activity.
- Care must be taken when switching from one lighting condition to another (for example, leaving the dark room to the street).
- It is necessary to avoid possible sharp tides of blood to the head if possible: do not tilt your head sharply, do not stay in a stuffy place for long.
How to use glasses for farsightedness
The diagnosis of "farsightedness" does not always mean that,that people with that is farsightedness well see into the distance. As a rule, they see equally badly both near and in the distance. That is why ophthalmologists recommend that patients with farsightedness wear glasses constantly. Depending on the state of vision, the doctor prescribes either bifocals, or two pairs of glasses - for distance and for near. Presbyopia (age-long-sightedness) has its own peculiarities in the selection of glasses:
- age farsightedness is a normal physiological phenomenon that occurs in people over 40 years of age, so feel free to use glasses is not necessary;
- when choosing glasses for presbyopia, you needtake into account the distance from the object to the eyes. Usually this distance is 33 cm. If your main work takes place at a farther distance (50 cm or more), then weaker glasses will be required;
Now you know how to use the glasses whenvarious problems with vision. Do not be afraid to wear glasses, the main thing is to do it right. Follow the recommendations of doctors, and then you will surely get rid of the uncomfortable sensations associated with vision, and you will be able to see the world clearly and clearly in all its diversity.