How to remove the trambler?
Watch the video
One of the main features of the VAZ car series2101-2107, which is popularly called "classic", is a contact ignition system that is considered very inefficient. However, it's good, instead of a contact trambler, you can set a contactless one, and this work is not complicated, and you can do it yourself. Let's see how to remove and replace the trambler.
Before you begin, make sure that you have the following items at your fingertips:
- ignition set - trampler, coil, switching unit and connecting wires;
- high voltage wires;
- Spark plugs (4 pieces);
- tools - wrenches, screws, drill and screwdriver.
At once we will tell, all this complete set will costapproximately 2000-2500 rubles, but those who changed the ignition system, are convinced that the game is worth the candle - with the contactless system the machine becomes much more enjoyable in management.
Remove the trambler
The first thing to do is to remove the old toggle. To do this, first remove all electrical wires and contacts from it, and then remove the cover and disconnect the mechanical fasteners. In addition, it is important, by removing the trampler, to install a special slider so that it is rotated with respect to the engine by 90 degrees.
Mounting the new tab
To install a new trambler, you must perform all the procedures for removing the old one, only in the reverse order:
- Remove the cover from the new trambler, insert it.
- We put washers and fix them with a nut.
- We put a cover on the switch, insert high-voltage wires from the candles into it, as well as the central wire from the coil.
Connecting a new coil
- From the old coil turn off all the wires, detach the mount, remove it and mount it in its place a new one.
- We connect the central high-voltage wire to the coil, and the wires that go from the trambler, we put on the spark plugs. To the contact "K" you need to connect two brown wires, in "B" - two blue wires.
- A connector with three contacts is inserted into the socket of the trambler.
Installing the Switch
It remains only to install the switch, to makeit's very simple. First select the location where you want to install it. As a rule, the space between the reservoir of the washer and the left headlight is excellent. At the chosen location, we drill two holes and mount the tramper in the screws. We insert a large connector into the switch.
It remains only to check whether you have collected everything correctly according to the electric scheme of the car. We hope you will succeed! Good luck!
Read also: How to set the ignition.