How to remove CS?
You are tired of playing this beloved anda popular on-line shooter counter strike, or just decided to take a break from the exciting virtual battles? In any case, the fact remains, you are increasingly thinking about how to remove CS? If you do not know how to do this, read our instructions, where we will explain in detail how to perform this simple process.
Remove CS from the computer
To begin with, you need to physically delete the files. To do this, you must perform a number of actions that involve the physical removal of files.
- First, make sure that the game is not running. To do this, go to the Windows Task Manager. There, open the "Processes" tab and look for processes with the name "hlds.exe", "hl.exe" and other similar ones not to be started. Otherwise, the game will not be deleted.
- If you still want to delete CS 1.6, follow this way: Start / Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs. There in the list you will need to find Counter-Strike and, accordingly, click "delete". If, for some reason, there is no game in this list or the system gives an error about the impossibility of deleting, skip this item and go to the next one.
- Try to delete the folder in which the game is located. It can be on drive C in the Program Files folder, in it search for a folder with the name of your game.
Clear the registry from CS
To permanently and irrevocably clean the system registry from this game, download and install on your computer ValveCleaner.reg. Now do the following:
- go into me Start / Run and enter "regedit".
- Now in the list of the Registry Editor you need to go tothe following notation: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareValve. Right-click on the Valve subdirectory and select what you need, namely, "delete".
- now you only need to delete the subdirectories, and it's done!
Clearing the registry in this way, all the settings of the games from Valve and Steam settings will return by default. However, this does not apply to the keyboard shortcut settings in the game.