How to read and remember?
It is known that reading is very usefulAn occupation that not only develops the imagination, but also improves memory. It also helps to focus on a particular case. In addition, in medicine, it is proven that reading reduces the likelihood of developing Alzheimer's disease. In this article, we'll look at how you can read this way to read as quickly as possible and at the same time remember as much of the read as possible. Simply put, we answer the question of how to read and at the same time remember.
Here are a few recommendations that will help everyone read faster and remember what they read better.
How best to remember what you read
- Tell me. This method is very popular. Telling someone about what you read, you stimulate your memory. This way you can improve your reading and memorizing skills. If you can not tell the story to the interlocutor, tell her in front of the mirror or write down your story on the camera.
- Do not read aloud. To some, this recommendation may seem strange, but when you read the text aloud, you involuntarily spend more time reading. In addition, scientists have proved that reading out loud does not contribute to better memorization of the material read, but rather distracts.
- Record the material you have read. This can be either a short summary or a retelling of what has been read. In this case, you use motility, as well as brain centers, which help to better remember the material.
- Try to read in the morning. It is known that when reading in the morning, a person remembers much more of the material read than in the evening. Moreover, many people at all can not remember the material read in the evening. That is why students are advised to prepare for exams before lunch, while preparation in the evening remains ineffective.
- Read with comfort. When you read, make sure that nothing hinders you. Take a comfortable pose and read the material for 15-20 minutes continuously, then take a break, it also does not hurt to do the warm-up. Then you can go back to reading.
- Discuss the reading. You can discuss the material you read with another person or with yourself. Often this method helps to memorize the read much better than the same retelling.
How to read faster
And finally, some tips on how to read faster:
- Well concentrate.
- Do not return to what has already been read.
- Begin reading the sentence with the third word. It is proved that this method allows you to read material 25 percent faster.