How to make an Iron Man suit?
Watch the video
Costume party or New Year's carnivalcan not imagine without disguises. Having created the Iron Man suit, you will look very original at such events. Having shown a little patience and having followed all the recommended actions, you will receive a plausible copy of the armor, in addition, your attention is given the most budgetary version of the creation of the costume.
Materials and equipment
Materials for the model
- A4 cardboard;
- PVA glue;
- building putty on wood;
- car primer;
- car paint in the form of a spray of red and golden colors;
- varnish for cars;
- thin rubber hose.
Tools and accessories
- computer and printer;
- the Pepakura program;
- downloaded from the Internet a costume scan template;
- instant glue;
- handle, ruler, stationery knife;
- scissors for paper;
- rubber spatulas;
- fine-grained sandpaper;
- a small pot of water.
Creating a model of cardboard
Preparing the sweep
- You need to download from the Internet a template for the scan of the Iron Man suit. There are a lot of models in the network, the most famous ones arethe name "Mark" from I to VI. The Latin number denotes the number of models that differ in the features of joining parts.
- Drag the model into the Pepakura plugin. The program window consists of two parts. The left one will show the 3D variant, and the right part contains the sweep parts. Find the button "Menu 2D" on the command line of the window. Here you need to check the "Show valves" and "Show face number" commands. Set the dimensions of the finished sweep. It is indicated in millimeters, it is better to measure all the data and make it individually so that the suit suits you.
- After the program has created parts of the model foryour parameters, you also need to go to the "Settings" menu, click the "Print Settings" command and select the A4 format. Now the right part of the window will be poured into A4 sheets, and you will have to place your blanks in the printing. After that, you can output the scan to the cardboard sheets. Simple paper is not worth using, during the strengthening it will lead, which will spoil the appearance of the costume.
Details are conveniently cut with a clerical knife, and sometimes small scissors can come in handy.
- Pre-duplicate all the folds fromusing a ruler and a handle - so it will be easier for you to evenly bend the parts. On the parts of the model it is necessary to find two identical numbers, and they will denote the places of gluing;
- It is very convenient to use for instant connection of the parts, although some choose PVA. Fingers, however, will protect the skin of your hands from glue;
- For additional protection against curvature, it is possible to make struts in the form of strips of cardboard stranded into the tube. After drying, the spacer will need to be removed.
Most masters strengthen paper models withusing epoxy glue and fiberglass. This is a rather expensive way, but it will also make the suit very strong. It is much cheaper to strengthen the details with papier-mache. The stages of this work are described below:
- Production of papier-mâché mass. Break the newspaper sheets into smallPieces and soak them in a container of water. Wait a few hours until the paper swells, and squeeze it well through the fabric. The resultant mass is mixed with the PVA glue, the paste should be homogeneous and reminiscent of the consistency of thick sour cream.
- Apply a lot of papier-mache to the details of the suitfrom the inside with a thin layer. You need to do this gradually, for example, if you strengthen the helmet, then first apply the mass to the front, allow to dry, then go on to the other parts.
- After drying the first layer, apply one more.
- When everything is dry, it's important to try on the suit and see what parts you need to cut to put on. It will be a collar and a piece worn on the chest.
Final processing of the suit
- Shpatlevanie. Now it's time to start shpatlevaniyu armor, you need to do this from the outside of the details. The putty is applied with a rubber spatula. After it has dried, level the surface with sandpaper.
- Primer. After the primer, irregularities and dents are usually immediately visible. They can be corrected by walking through the skin. Finished parts have a wall thickness of about 5-6 mm. It remains only to paint the details of the costume, and then apply the varnish.
- You can wear a suit. The phalanx of the fingers of the armor must first be glued to a thin hose with a diameter of 1-1.5 cm.
To learn more about the features of creating ammunition, watch the video on this page.