How to make a 3D game?
Playing computer games, in different"Shooters", "race" and "strategy", some are wondering, and can you create a 3D game on your computer? In the materials of this article will be given a rather brief instruction how to do it.
Definition of the genre
In order to determine the genre of your game, you need to understand what you like more. Think, shoot or ride. List of genres:
- First person shooter - FPS. Just a shooter. An example is the game counter-strike.
- Third Person Shoter - TPS. It's also a shooter, just a third person. An example is the game GTA.
- Real Time Straregy - RTS. A strategy that evolves in real time. The game is quite dynamic, but requires a lot of patience. Warcraft or Warhammer are examples of such a game.
- Action is a thriller. The game is dynamic, with shooting and effects. A great example - Call of Duty 4.
- Arcade - turn-based, leisurely game, arcade.
- Adverture - adventure game.
- Simulator - the genre is very extensive. It can include both TPS and FPS. The main goal is the simulation of real life.
- Racing is another genre. Races can be on anything, the main thing to come first, while performing various tricks.
After the genre is selected, you need to write a script. It should be:
- Concept document: the system of the game, its main "chips", enemies, if any. That is the whole technical side.
- Design document: interface, type of graphics, menus, etc. That is the entire visual side.
- Directly the script itself with a description of the essence of the game, with the string. All this can be filed by one file, and can any number, it depends on the imagination.
Selecting the engine
After the concept and design are writtendocuments, you need to evaluate the complexity of creating the game itself. To create dynamically destroyed buildings, artificial intelligence and super graphics, the experience is clearly not enough, so do not go so far. You need to leave everything as is, and choose the optimal engine, suitable for this level of complexity.
- For example, for a simple shooting at severalenemies, the best version of FPS Creator. Of course, the quality of graphics is not very, but for a beginner it is quite suitable. To gain experience, it would not be superfluous to create several levels on it.
- NeoAxis Engine version is more interesting. This engine allows you to create a game of any genre of the above, but here the standard package excludes the race, although there are still opportunities for creating the technology. The quality of graphics can be compared with such games, for example, as Time Shift and Crysis. If the choice is based on the engine NeoAxis Engine, you need to download it from the manufacturer's website and install.
Selection of game resources
- Next, you will need game resources, primarily models, then sounds and textures.
- It is necessary to find an experienced programmer with # (this is the programming language).
- Will need software: 3ds max 9 (you can analog Blender); Adobe Photoshop 10 is also required.
- You will need a quality microphone and a program for processing and recording.
Programs and lessons on 3D and 2D graphics can be downloaded on the Internet.
Creating games using game designers
Answering the question how to make a 3D game, you canreply as follows. It turns out that to create games, you do not need to know the programming language and have a team of experienced programmers. You can create such entertainment with special programs, imagination, patience and enough time. Programs for creating games are called constructors. All you need is to download the right program, watch the video lessons and start creating your own original games. Now you have some information on how to create a 3D game. Try to do it, it should work.