How to login to the BIOS on a laptop?
BIOS (BIOS) - a special section of the PC in whichbasic settings of the system operation are specified. Guided by the BIOS data, the computer understands where to boot it, what options the system board uses, and which does not, and so on.
Sometimes BIOS settings may get confused, and the PC starts to work incorrectly, in which case the user should go into this section and fix them. Let's figure out how to go to the BIOS on a laptop.
How to log in to BIOS: algorithm
The algorithm for entering BIOS is very simple:
- Press the power button on the PC.
- When the first screen saver appears, lookcarefully on the screen, it should be written "BIOS Setup", opposite to this inscription there will be indicated a key or a combination of keys that must be pressed to get into the BIOS - once you find the keys you need, start clicking on them.
- That, in fact, that's all. If you hit the keys correctly and at the right time, you will be in the BIOS menu.
If the first time to go did not work,Reboot the laptop and repeatedly press the required keys until the BIOS menu appears. Start pressing the keys at once, as the system will restart.
How to log in to BIOS: hot keys
Unfortunately, the information on what "hot" combination you need to press does not always appear on the display, below we will list the most combinations for laptops of different manufacturers:
- F2 - the most popular key for entering BIOS, is used in notebooks of the following companies: Acer, Asus, Fujitsu-Siemens, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Dell and Lenovo.
- Esc - can be used on some Toshiba models.
- F10 - used in the models of Hewlett Packard and some Dell.
- F1 - activation of the BIOS mode on certain Lenovo models.
Very rarely, you can see the following combinations: Ctrl + Alt + Esc, Ctrl + Alt + S, Ctrl + Alt + Del, Ctrl + Alt + Ins, Ctrl + Alt + Enter, Fn + F1, Ctrl + Ins.
Unfortunately, it's only possible to understand which of the combinations is right.
For more information, see How to access the BIOS.
Read also: How to update BIOS on a laptop.