How to lighten the broth?
Bouillon can not only be independentdish, but also the basis for soup or, for example, risotto. In any case, the broth should be cooked by the rules and be transparent. Whatever it was, when preparing and serving dishes, the aesthetic side of the issue is very important. In this article, we'll look at ways to lighten the broth.
Why is the broth becoming turbid?
The broth becomes cloudy because the protein that is contained in the meat begins to curl - this happens when the broth is improperly cooked:
- If the ingredients for the soup or broth are filled with hot water. Therefore, it is recommended to start cooking broth only after you pour the meat in a saucepan with cool water;
- If you do not remove the foam from it with a strong boil;
- If you do not use vegetables;
- If not filter after cooking.
Rules for the preparation of a transparent broth
There are several rules with which you can achieve a transparent broth:
- Boil the chicken over low heat.
- Be sure, at the very beginning of cooking, add a cleaned bulb to the broth.
- Carefully watch the broth - in time, remove the foam with fat, which form on the surface of the broth during cooking.
- After cooking, it's a rule to filter the broth.
Methods for clarifying ready-made broth
In the event that any of the rules above were not used and the broth went out cloudy, there are several ways to lighten the broth:
- Roasted onions and carrots. Fry the vegetables, you can with minced meat, and add to the soup. Cook until the broth / soup brightens. This will not only help the broth to become more transparent and lighter, but also make the dish more nutritious and fragrant.
- It helps a lot if you put a gauze bag with rice in boiling soup and cook for 8-10 minutes. After that, rice can be added to the soup or used as a side dish to the second hot dish.
- At the end of cooking, pour 3-4 tablespoons of iced water into the broth.
- Lighten the broth and make it look good.Appetite will help pour, pre-whipped raw egg; if you do not like eggs, strain the broth - in both cases the broth will become more transparent and appetizing in appearance.
- If you are talking about soup, grate the cheese and gradually add it to the broth, while stirring. Ideally he will not lighten the dish, but will hide all its shortcomings.
- Carrots will also help. Rinse and peel the carrots when your broth is cooked. Cut it into two parts, dry it in a frying pan without oil and add it to soup or broth - after a few minutes the broth will become lighter.
If you follow the rules and tips that are describedabove, you can cook a clear and mouth-watering broth. But keep in mind: if you get a cloudy broth and there is no way to lighten it, it will not affect its taste and nutritional qualities.