How to lay laminate?
Watch the video
Laminate - an excellent alternative to expensiveparquet. Outwardly it practically does not differ from natural floor coverings, thus it is very simple in leaving and it is long in operation. Installation of the laminate is not difficult. Therefore, you can conduct it yourself. To do this, you need to familiarize yourself with the laying technology and the basic rules.
Required tools for installation
Before laying a laminate, you need to prepare the following materials and tools:
- Painting tape;
- sharp knife;
- a light hammer (it is better to take a rubber);
- moisture resistant sealant;
- Miter saw;
- plinth for the floor;
- substrate under the laminate.
Also you may need glue for laminate and jigsaw.
Preparing the wooden floor
The process of installing a laminate consists of severalstages. The first of these involves leveling the floor. Without carrying out such preparatory work in this business can not do: the wooden floor almost always has irregularities and defects. Therefore, it must be aligned, otherwise the new cover will not last long. For these purposes, it is best to use a substrate-a technical plug. It is natural, has a long service life and is not afraid of dampness. In this case, the technical plug replaces immediately the hydro-, heat- and sound-insulating layers.Therefore, the installation works will beminimum time. Also, you can save money on the budget allocated for repairs, since the purchase of a technical plug is cheaper than purchasing all the necessary insulating and leveling materials.
Preparation of the floor with a substrate occurs according to the following scheme:
- Dry the cork sheets and put them back on top of the wooden floor.
- Fix the formed seams with a paint tape so that the substrate does not accidentally move during the laminate flooring.
- In the corners of the room, fix the sheets of the technical plug with thin nails.
Please note that the wooden floor can bealign in other ways. They provide for the use of plywood and special mixtures. Details on such options you can learn from the article - How to level the floor for a laminate.
Stem laminate on the wooden floor
Aligning the wooden floor, you can start layinglaminate. But it is necessary to prepare the finishing material. To do this, you must transfer it for two days to a room where the temperature is above 15 degrees. During this time acclimatization of the material will take place, due to which it will take the necessary shape and expand.
Installation of the laminate with your own hands is as follows:
- First, it is necessary to leave clearances between 8-15 cm between the walls. Make markings for this, and then install markers (wooden bars of the necessary dimensions) on the markings.
- Starting from the far corner, lay out the firstlongitudinal row, docking the panels with butts. Be sure to make measurements: it is important that the resulting series is as flat as possible, since it will determine the quality of the subsequent floor panels.
- Begin laying the second row in the same way. When the grooves of the groove are joined in the groove, be sure to pile the stacked row with a hammer to ensure a more dense connection.
- Do the same for the rest of thefinishing material, until the whole floor is covered, while the panels in the last row may need to be cut to the width using a saw. If they need to be adjusted to a size of 2-3 cm, then keep in mind that such strips will hold very badly. Therefore, they are recommended to be additionally applied to the glue.
- Now you need to remove the spacers between the coating and the walls that you installed before stacking to prevent the panels from moving. After closing the cracks with a plinth, nailing it with thin nails.
- At the last stage, process the joints betweenpanels and skirting boards with moisture-proof transparent sealant: this is necessary in order for the coating to remain intact for a long time even with frequent care with liquid detergents.
Additional tips for installing such a floor covering, you can find in another our article - How to lay the laminate properly.
Basic recommendations for laying
There are several rules for laying a laminate, which must be observed, to make the floor covering with their own hands a quality and durable:
- Do not lay out the material without first leveling the floor.
- Direction of laying choose strictly from the light source (window) and install the laminate in the direction of the light flux.
- In order for the end seams of the laminate to be smallerstruck, stack the panels in a checkerboard pattern: each next row stack with an offset of half the panel. If you do a stacking with a displacement in the third panel, you can create an even more original drawing. But then you will have much more waste.
- You can not start laying floor material withmiddle of the room, otherwise the finished coating will have a strong bias, as a result of its operational and aesthetic characteristics will decrease significantly.
- Do not use during the docking of panels an ordinary hammer, because the glaze of the laminate will be chipped, and the material itself may crack.
- If laying the finishing panels between jointsgaps in 0,3-0,5 mm are formed, and after a blockage do not disappear, it means that these strips of material are defective. Therefore, it is recommended to take them out and put them in the place where in the future you will have furniture. Be sure to fill the slots with a sealant.
On other rules for installing this flooring, you can learn from the article - How to lay the laminate yourself.