How to grow onions?
Growing vegetables and fruits in greenhouses is notonly additional income in the family budget, but also a very lucrative business. But this is possible only on condition that you are familiar with all the subtleties of cultivation and marketing. Let's analyze in this article how to grow onions.
You can grow onions all year round. In the winter in greenhouses, and in summer in the fields. First of all, we need a site with an area of at least 30 acres. So, let's look at how to grow green onions in more detail. For growing greenery, there are special seeds. The most popular of them are Japanese or Dutch producers. To harvest was good and rich, you need to use chemicals that serve to protect plants. You should know that all the greens that you buy in supermarkets or shops have been chemically treated and fed fertilizers.
In addition to the square, we also need awhich we will store onions. Before you grow a leek or green onions, you need to fertilize the land with special fertilizing. Then create lighting with ultraviolet and daytime lamps. On the territory of 75 sq.m. you can grow up to 550 kg of pen.
- Onions grow, on average, twenty-one days. If there is special equipment, this period can be reduced by half. Using the technology of hydroponics, it is possible to avoid the disposal of substrates, and other wastes that are possible during production.
- In order to accelerate the forcing of greenery, the tip of the bulb is trimmed, improving the hydrolysis.
- After this, two days later, the onion is covered with earth, peat, humus. Before landing, pour well the soil.
- The optimum temperature for indoor air is up to 20 g. in the afternoon and up to 16 gr. at night.
- Ventilate the room to normalize the temperature level.
- During the vegetation period, it is necessary to make at least 3 waterings, 2 of which with fertilizers.
- The width of the beds should be at least 1.5 cm.
Another way to grow
- Onions can be grown in glass and tin cans, on which cardboard paper is laid with a small circle cut on it.
- The water is poured into the jar and the bulb is placed. This must be done so that the roots are in the water.
- Create additional lighting with 40W fluorescent lamps.
- After reaching the pen of 20 cm, you can harvest.
How to grow onion seeds
- To obtain seeds, you need to have a matte bulb of a zoned variety.
- For seed purposes, select bulbs with a diameter of not less than five and not more than ten centimeters, similar in color and size.
- Then, the selected bulbs are poured into a box and put in a vault. They are there until the seed arrows form.
- A couple of weeks before landing, the temperature in the storage should be increased to 16 g.
- Seed material is moved and discarded.
- All remaining bulbs need to be cut off the cervix. This will accelerate germination.
- The bulbs are planted in the soil. Keep in mind that the area for growing onions must be prepared beforehand, and mineral fertilizers, potassium and phosphorus fertilizers should be introduced. Then the soil is processed and only then it is possible to form beds.
- When planting the onion, it must be ensured that the cut part is at a depth of 5 cm from the surface. The distance between the two bulbs is about 15 cm.
- The beds are necessarily weeded off from weeds and watered.
- When the fire starts it is necessary to protect the greens from breakages. To do this, drive in the pegs and pull the twine.
- Cleaning should be started whenumbrellas open the boxes with black and full seeds. The arrow with an umbrella is cut and hung out under a canopy, on a wire. On the ground, under them you need to lay the canvas on which the seeds will be poured.
Now you know how to grow a bow properly and fruitfully. But it should be remembered that if you decided to cultivate for commercial purposes, then, first of all, sell.