How to flash the kernel?
Watch the video
There are times when a device working onAndroid needs a kernel firmware. By the kernel in this case is meant the central part of the operating system, which provides the interaction between the hardware and software components of the system.
In the article we will talk about how to properly flash the kernel.
- The first step is to downloadnecessary core. If there is a patch to it, then it must also be downloaded. To adjust the frequency of the processor, you must also download the special program SetCPU.
- On drive C, you need to create a folder and be sure tocall it Android. In order for the kernel firmware to be executed correctly, the specified path must be: C: Android / the name of the kernel image. The kernel image is name_of_boot.img.
- Now you need to turn on the phoneby USB and reboot the phone into bootloader mode and run Fastboot. Then you need to connect the device to the computer with the same cable. The following message will appear on the screen: Fastboot USB. After that, you can run the CMD command line on the computer.
- Next, you need to enter codes, for example, it canbe the following code: fastboot flash boot and the name of the kernel image. If you have any problems at this stage, you need to check the cable: sometimes it may be a problem, but it may happen that HTC Sync drivers are not installed or the file is not turned on USB.
- Now you need to restart the phone and leave the file with the patch on the SD card. In the recovery mode, you need to install this patch and reboot the device again. Thus, the kernel is flashed.
For information on how to patch an Android-based smartphone, see How to flash an Android.
All information about the update of Android is contained in the article How to update Android.
All the interesting information about Android is in the Android section.