How to flash Acer?
Watch the video
Every day, tablet devices are beginning to replace personal computers and laptops. The advantages of such devices are mobility and ease of use.
Many tablet users have Acer production models and sometimes wonder how to flash Acer on their own.
Install the firmware
- To put a new firmware on the tablet Acer,you must first get the rights to access the root application (unless, of course, your tablet has received these rights before). Then install ClockWorkMod Recovery and download the firmware itself.
- To get root, download the version of Gingerbreak.
- Then in the device menu put the option "Unknown sources", and in the menu "Applications" - "Development" we press the button "debugging USB".
- Then install the application GingerBreak-v1.20.apk. After installing the applications, start it and click "Root Device".
- Then we start downloading the Acer Recovery Installer application, after running the application, tick the ClockWorkMod Recovery option and wait for the installation to finish.
- We pass directly to the firmware of the device.
- Naturally, to begin, download the file of the desired firmware in the memory or on the device's memory card. Be sure to make sure (if this is an archive file) that it does not have errors by unzipping it on the PC.
- The next step is to load the file into theClockWorkMod with simultaneous inclusion of the power button of the device and the volume change key. The keys must be held down until a menu is found in the corner of the screen. In the appeared menu we mark "wipe data / factory reset". To navigate through the menu items, use the volume key, and use the power key to make a selection. In this menu, select "wipe cache partition" and, therefore, go to "advanced" and then click "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and "Wipe Battery Status". Then we return to the item "Go Back".
- Now proceed to "install zip from sd card" by selecting the downloaded firmware file. Confirm the choice of setting the file by pressing the power key.
- Once the installation is complete, the following message appears:install zip from sd card complete, you will need to return to the menu and reboot the tablet using the existing "reboot system now" option.
About the firmware of android devices read in the article How to flash android.
More information about the tablets can be found in the Tablets section.