How to eat potatoes?
The average Russian resident is soloves potatoes and is used to it, that can eat three buckets of potatoes a month. This is the data of domestic statistics. But American geneticists have found out how to cook potatoes correctly in order to benefit from it. They were joined by Russian nutritionists, surgeons and cardiologists.
However, potatoes can be harmful to the body. Know that the main damage to the potato is if it is improperly cooked. It is best to cook it in a peel.
Let's talk about how to eat potatoes with maximum benefit. Consider some recipes with potatoes, tips on eating potatoes, and the benefits and harms of this vegetable.
How to eat potatoes: tips
Nutritionists recommend eating potatoes no more than 3 times a week and exclusively in the morning, as it contains a lot of starch, which is very difficult to digest by the body.
Potatoes can be used as the main product: bake, boil, fry, put out, make mashed potatoes out of it. Also potatoes can be added as an ingredient in soups, salads, stews. The list of dishes from potatoes is limited only by the imagination of the cook. However, it is worth keeping to the basic rules of cooking potatoes, so that the dish from it turned out to be most useful. Consider some tips on how to cook and eat potatoes correctly.
Pay attention to how you cut the potatoes. If before frying and boiling it, you cut the vegetable very finely, potassium is lost, which is useful for the work of the heart. This is due to the high temperature regime when processing potatoes.
In order that the potatoes are well absorbed, it is recommended to use it with cream and vegetable oils, with sour cream or cream, and also together with vegetables and greens.
Cardiologists and nutritionists recommend baking potatoes in foil - and the useful properties are preserved, and the calories in this dish are smaller.
Try to avoid french fries if possible, since the frying oil secretes far from useful substances. Formed harmful radicals, negatively affecting the liver and gastric tract.
Cook the whole vegetable, but cut or kneaded in mashed potatoes afterwards. First, it's more convenient, and secondly, you get the right amount of mineral salts.
Dietitian's recommendations on how to eatpotatoes, are quite simple. You need to eat baked or boiled vegetables along with the skin, as it contains fiber, useful for the liver and heart. Of course, do not forget to thoroughly wash the potatoes before cooking.
To preserve useful properties and vitamin C in potatoes, it is better to boil it, lowering it into hot water, rather than into a cold one.
In order to avoid trouble, do not prepare meals fromgreenish potato tubers - they contain a large amount of solanine, which is considered one of the most dangerous poisons. If the potatoes are bitter in taste, it is better to throw this dish, without thinking: it is all the same solanine.
Potato berries are also poisonous, which grow on the ground part. Cases of a lethal outcome are known after the person has tried them.
Dishes from potatoes
- Mashed potatoes are one of the mostcommon dishes. However, it will be really tasty, if not just boil and crush the potatoes, and add milk, butter and eggs to it. Fine with mashed potatoes will give chopped garlic and green onions. And before serving, it is recommended to add grated cheese and sour cream on top. This dish can be used as a main dish, and as a side dish to any meat.
- A useful and very fast in cooking dishis a baked potato with spices. For this, it is necessary to wash and, without peeling, cut the potatoes into slices not more than 1 cm in thickness. Melt 2 tablespoons. butter and the same amount of vegetable in a frying pan, add 1 tsp. Italian herbs, squeeze into the oil 2 cloves of garlic and chopped parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything. Pour the resulting spiced butter potatoes and put in the oven (220 degrees) for 25 minutes.
- If you want to cook an unusual dishfrom potatoes, which will surprise with the taste and original execution of your family and friends, the best recipe will be stuffed potatoes. To do this, boil the unpeeled potatoes in salted water, adding a little cumin. Next, the potatoes must be peeled and cut into halves, removing the core and mixing it with chicken or minced meat and cream. In the melted fat with vegetable oil, you must add minced meat, pre-chopped red pepper, garlic and onions. Salt, pepper, fry for 5 minutes. Then fill the half of potatoes with the prepared stuffing, pour the grated cheese on top and put it on a baking tray, oiled. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Useful properties of potatoes
You already know how to eat potatoes correctly, and now you need to figure out what its benefits are for our body.
- By the number of vitamins, potatoes are comparable only withbroccoli. It is rich in carotene, folic acid, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and organic elements. In addition, this vitamin contains vitamins B, B6, PP, E and many others.
- Thanks to potassium contained in it potatoes have a positive effect on the work of the circulatory system and the heart and eliminates swelling.
- Potatoes are rich in vitamin C. You need to clean the vegetable very carefully, since this vitamin can only be found under its skin.
- Potato is a natural filter that removes cholesterol from the liver.
- In the intestines, thanks to potatoes, pectin is produced.
- Nutritionists argue that a diet based on potatoes and eggs helps in the treatment of kidney diseases, and a dairy-potato diet is a salvation for hypertension.
Damage to potatoes
But potatoes can be harmful.
- Absolutely all nutritionists argue that the roast of potatoes and meat, as well as chips - the first step to obesity. They justify this by saying that this vegetable is a real "carbohydrate bomb".
- If you are trying to eat low-calorie food, then the potato is not for you, because in one potato there are more than 800 calories.
- Remember that potatoes are an inexhaustible source of starch, and its excess is harmful to the human body.