How to eat ginger?
Not so long ago, on the shelves of supermarkets appearedbizarre forms of thick golden roots, remotely resembling potatoes. The price tag was "ginger". Until now, many housewives do not buy fresh ginger just because they do not know how to eat ginger and what can be cooked from it. Let's try to fill this annoying gap in our culinary knowledge.
Ginger and its beneficial properties.
Ginger comes from Southeast Asia, so more oftenall it is used to prepare dishes so popular today, Chinese and Japanese cuisine. Thanks to the high content of vitamin C and various essential oils, ginger is an excellent folk remedy for the treatment of colds. A couple of cups of hot tea, brewed from ginger, and spiced with a spoon of honey, drunk at the first manifestations of the ailment, will help you quickly forget about the oncoming cold. With pain and perspiration in the throat, it takes only a few minutes to chew a slice of ginger rootstock, and you will almost instantly feel obvious relief. In addition, doctors advise to regularly eat ginger to improve digestion, lower blood cholesterol levels and accelerate metabolic processes.
As well as what is ginger.
Dried ground ginger is widely used formaking gingerbread, cakes, biscuits and other sweet pastries. Often it is added to marinades for fish, meat and chicken. From fresh ginger, tea is made, it is marinated, cooked from it candied and used as a spicy additive to meat and fish dishes of oriental cuisine. Now that you already know what foods you can use fresh or dried ginger, try to cook some of them yourself according to our recipes.
We cook ginger tea.
- Cut a small piece of fresh ginger rhizome, peel it from the skin and finely chop it.
- Take a porcelain teapot, rinseits boiling water, put in it sliced ginger, a spoonful of ordinary black tea, a couple of clove buds and a few dried hips of wild rose (if you have one).
- Pour the contents of the kettle with steep boiling water, cover it with a clean towel and let it brew for about a quarter of an hour.
- After that, pour the tea into a large mug, add a circle of lemon and a teaspoon of honey in it and drink it until it has cooled.
Such a hot ginger tea is the first remedy for a beginning cold.
Salad from white cabbage and ginger.
- Thinly chop 250 gr. cabbage, sprinkle it with salt and lightly flap your hands to let it drain.
- A small piece of ginger, about 1 cm long, peel and finely chop.
- Remove one green apple from the skin and seeds and cut it into strips.
- Mix the three ingredients in one bowl andpour the dressing, prepared from six tablespoons of olive oil, one - two teaspoons of liquid honey, two spoons of mustard seeds and two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Let the salad stand in the refrigerator for a while, after which you can put it on the table.
This salad with Asian notes in taste is very useful for people with disrupted metabolism, as well as suffering from excess cholesterol in the body.
Ginger, marinated with apple cider vinegar.
- To prepare it, three hundred grams of rhizome must be cleaned and cut into very thin straws. To facilitate the process, you can do this with the help of a food processor.
- Next, you have to boil the water and blanch it in chopped ginger for five minutes, after which it should be thrown back to the colander.
- While ginger will drain water, you need to weld a marinade from ¾ cup of apple cider vinegar, ½ cup of water, 1 tablespoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Once this marinade begins to boil, put the ginger insterile glass jar, fill it with boiling marinade, cover the jar with a lid, allow it to cool and then remove it into the refrigerator. In a couple of days, ginger can be served to meat or fish, especially pickled ginger comes to sushi and other Japanese dishes.