How to disaccustom a dog to jump?
Often many dogs jump on passers-by,so their owners have a question about how to wean dogs to rush at people. More often than not, the dog expresses its joy at the return of the owner to his home, does not allow passage to you or your guests, jumping and scratching.
Similar problems arise with the puppy and with the dogat the age of up to a year. So how to disaccustom a dog to jump? If you do not attach importance to this, while the dog is young, at the age of one year, then it will be more difficult to disaccustom it to jump. When the dog becomes larger and heavier, not every passer-by will be touched by the greeting of the big dog. Also, do not forget that children who walk along the street may suffer from the bad behavior of your ill-bred dog.
The first thing to find out is why the dogjumps at people. This behavior of the dog is still friendly and nonrandom, because trying to reach the person's face with his paws, sniff it and lick it, she greets and shows her joy. This is how dogs communicate with each other.
Punish a puppy for good, but uncultured inhuman behavior is not worth it. The dog will not understand why she is being punished. Let's take a closer look at all the ways to correct behavior, in particular how to disaccustom a dog to jump on people.
Alternative way to start education
- Enter the apartment, and when the dog runs up and stands on its hind legs, press it against your knees, but do not let it jump on you.
- Praise the dog. Do not hide your joy.
- Then squat, let the dog sniff you.
- Distract the attention of the puppy to some of his toys, in time to undress and go into the house.
The second method with the use of physical control
- Allow the dog to jump on you and at the moment of the jump gently and slightly kick the dog below the knee or push the knee forward so that the dog bites into it.
- Do not forget to praise the dog and show the joy of meeting, so that the dog does not take the blow as punishment.
The third way with the use of "weapons"
- Take a spray or a toy water gun, leave it in the hallway in advance, so that when you come home, quickly use it.
- When the dog tries to jump, try to get water from the gun in the eyes or nose to the dog. If the dog understood and obeyed, praise and stroke her
- If the dog starts jumping again, repeat this action.
The Hardest Way to Correct Behavior
It is suitable only for adult dogs. The method is allowed to be practiced only for those people who have been trained to handle the described items.
- Put on the dog parfos and leash.
- When someone from your family enters the apartment, get ready.
- At the moment of jumping the dog make a rough technical breakthrough.
- The entered person should stroke the dog, as if expressing his joy at the meeting, as if nothing had happened.
- When the dog tries to re-stand on the paws, make another technical breakthrough, etc.
Important! To act equally for all family members. Ask friends and acquaintances about it so that when they meet with your dog on the street or during a walk they do the same thing as you do.
Do not expect that after your first lessonthe dog will obey! A complete correction of the behavior takes time and repeated repetitions. Be patient. Usually, in order to obtain a good result, the first two methods are sufficient, which are required to be practiced daily for two to four weeks.