How to create a USB flash drive Windows 7?
Today, users of a personal computerbegan to use flash drives instead of disks. This is convenient, takes up less space and does not require a floppy drive. You can also use it to create a boot image of Windows 7.
However, few people know how to create a bootable USB flash drive. But this is quite simple. This is our article.
How to create a bootable USB flash drive Windows 7
The first thing that is necessary in this case is to download the Windows 7 disk image from the Internet. After that, choose from several ways to create a USB flash drive:
- Through the official program Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool.
- Through an external utility UltraISO.
- Through other programs.
How to create a USB flash drive using Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool
To create a multi-boot USB flash drive Windows 7,you need to download the Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool from the Microsoft website. After installation, we insert the USB flash drive and run the program. In order to create a bootable USB flash drive, you need to perform certain actions:
- In the program, select the path where the Windows 7 disk image is located.
- In the new window that opens, you need to specify the path to the USB flash drive to which we will install Windows 7. Click "USB device" and specify the path.
- After selecting the flash drive, press "Begin copying", in the warning window that appears, click "Erase USB Device", and then confirm.
After installation, you get a ready USB flash drive with Windows 7. But you can also create a USB flash drive using a third-party program.
How to create a USB flash drive with UltraISO
You can download the program from the manufacturer's website. The program is paid, but there is a trial period of 30 days, which also allows you to create a bootable USB flash drive and use the program for its intended purpose.
- We insert the USB flash drive into the computer and run the program on behalf of the administrator.
- In the open window, choose File - Open from the menu. Then select our image of the OS disk.
- In the menu, go to the Boot-up - Burn Hard Disk image.
- A new window will open, where you need to specify the method of recording "USB-HDD", and then click the "Format" button.
- After formatting the flash drive, you can start recording by clicking on "Write".
After a while, the recording will end and you can use the USB flash drive.
How to create a USB flash drive Windows 7 in other ways
You can create a bootable flash drive using many other programs. About this in detail you can read in our articles. How to make a bootable USB flash drive and How to write Windows on a USB flash drive.