How to cook croissants?
Croissants like adults and children, and if they stilland with some filling, it is difficult for them to break away from any person. But, knowing how to make croissants, you can spoil this delicacy of relatives more often. Especially since the recipe is not complicated and every housewife will cope with it, the main thing is a desire, and the time for baking will take only 35 minutes.
Cook croissants from yeast dough
Before you make croissants, you need to stock up on the following products:
- 2 egg yolks
- 10 gr. dry yeast
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 200 gr. oils
- 3.5 cups of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt and sugar
- First, in a glass of warm milk, stir sugar and dissolve the yeast, which must begin to "walk", that is, foam should appear on the surface. But during this time you need to whip the yolks lightly.
- Next, you need to sift the flour and add to ityolks, the remainder of milk, yeast, salt and knead the dough. Ready dough should be formed into a bowl and crosswise cut it from above. After that, it should be covered and put for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Roll up the dough to roll. You should get a layer of a square shape not more than 2 cm in thickness.
- Now you need to roll the rolling pin tothickness 1 cm through the food film, put it on the dough and wrap it with a dough like an envelope. Then the dough should be rolled up, gently turning, but without turning the bed. After that, the dough should be folded into 3 layers and put into the refrigerator for half an hour.
- After this time should be obtainedChilled dough and roll it into a square, only not turning over. Then it again needs to be folded into a rectangle and placed in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This procedure will need to be repeated one more time.
- After the third "freeze", the dough should be rolled ina rectangle with a thickness of about 0.5 cm and a sharp knife cut the formation into triangles of about 15x15x10 cm. As you can see, preparing croissants is not difficult, but time-consuming.
- Then the base of each triangle should be slightly incised and rolled up with a tube. And then put them on the cooked baking tray, cover with a towel and put for 1 hour in some warm place.
- As soon as the croissants rise, you need to drive the egg and lubricate them. Bake products should be at 200 degrees 35 minutes. Ready-made croissants can be served with jam, condensed milk or confiture.
Croissants made of puff pastry
To bake croissants from puff pastry, you need to buy it in a supermarket, or make it yourself. For him you will need the following ingredients:
- Sugar - 50 g
- Flour - 500 g
- Egg -1 pc.
- Milk and butter - 250 grams each
- Yolk - 1 pc.
- Yeast - 6 g
- Salt - 10 g
- Chocolate - 100 g
- First, you need to knead the elastic dough andsend it for half an hour to the fridge. Then get it and roll it into a square 40x40 cm. Then you need to oil 2/3 of the dough and roll it overlap 2 times and put it in the refrigerator again. This procedure should be repeated 5 times.
- That you can bake croissants, you need to roll outdough into a rectangle, then cut it into triangles, put fruit, boiled condensed milk or chocolate in its base and screw it into a tube, giving it the shape of a bagel, slightly curving.
- Then grease with yolk and bake attemperature 220 ° С. As soon as they are browned, they can be pulled out and invited family members to take a sample. Have a nice tea! Now you know how to make croissants, and you will make them more often.