How to connect the router to the computer?
Watch the video
People are already used to the fact that a mobile phone -this is a book, a newspaper, and quick access to social networks, tablets can also be fully used only with the active network, laptops and personal computers and say nothing - the Internet has become an indispensable attribute for them. To ensure the high-quality operation of all these technical devices, it is necessary to have a router in the house that will distribute a Wi-Fi signal for each of them. In this article, we describe how to connect the router to the computer, describing the general case for all popular models.
Do not get confused in the wires
Despite the fact that the nests in the router, where you caninsert a patch cord, a power cord or a network cable of only three (4 LAN ports are counted for one - they are identical), many users still get confused about where and what to insert. So:
- In the kit comes a patch cord (usually graycolor) with plugs at both ends. We plug one end of the wire into any of the LAN ports (orange border), and put the other end into the RJ-45 socket of our computer (where the network card is installed);
- The cable of the provider, which used to be in the socket of the network card (by the way, one more hint) is inserted into the WAN port (blue border) of the router;
- Next to the convex power button is the power supply socket. We put the wire in the connector, and the plug of the unit into the socket.
Network settings of the router
In the event that the Internet worked on the computer earlier, the device will be automatically identified and configured, but just in case, remember the following actions:
- On the panel next to the clock, click on the monitor icon and select "Network Management Center ...". On the network connection icon, right-click and select "Status";
- Next - "Properties" - from the drop-down menu select the protocol version 4 "TCP / IPv4" and click on the "Properties" button again;
- In the window that opens, we move markers to the points to receive the IP address and DNS server address automatically.
If as a result of the performed actions there were difficulties, read the article How to connect the router to the computer. Other practical tips you will also find in the How to Install the Router.