How to connect Apple tv?
Watch the video
Apple TV is a set-top box from Apple that allows you to play content on your TV screen from the iTunes store, as well as from Mac computers and iOS devices.
In this article, I'll show you how to connect and configure Apple TV.
Contents of delivery
The Apple TV package includes the set-top box, the power cable and the Apple Remote.
What will be required additionally?
To connect and configure the set-top box, you will additionally need an HDMI cable or a component video cable in combination with an analog or optical audio cable.
In addition, you must, of course, have access to a wireless network and an account in the iTunes Store.
- MAC OS X 10.4.7 and later or Windows XP and higher;
- iTunes 7.6 or later.
Apple TV Connectors
- USB port - required for service and diagnostics;
- power port;
- Ethernet port;
- HDMI port;
- component video ports;
- analog audio ports;
- Optical digital audio port - Used to connect to a home theater receiver that is equipped with an optical digital audio port.
See the figure for the location of the ports.
Connection via HDMI
If your TV has an HDMI port, then all you need is to connect the HDMI port of the TV to the HDMI port of Apple TV. Do not forget to also connect the power cable.
Connection via component video cable
If the HDMI port is missing, everything will look a little more complicated:
- Green, blue and red connectors of componenton one side, connect the video cable to the Y, Pb and Pr-connectors of the TV, and the connectors on the other side of the cable to the corresponding Apple TV jacks.
- Connect the analog or optical audio cables to the audio ports of the set-top box with the corresponding ports on the TV.
- Connect the power cable.
Configuring over a wireless network
- Go to the "Network Settings" section of the console, select your network from the list.
- Enter the network password (if available).
- Specify the IP address, subnet mask, router and DNS server address.
- Save the changes - in a couple of minutes the contact will be established.
Setup via Ethernet cable
If you provide access to the network via an Ethernet cable, no additional configuration is required.
Syncing with iTunes
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Click on the Apple TV icon and click on "Click to configure", automatic configuration will start
- Enter the 5-digit password, which was to appear on the TV screen after the network setup, at the request of the automatic setting device.
- Name the Apple TV network.
- Save the settings.
That's all, more detailed information on configuration and troubleshooting you can read in numerous instructions to Apple TV, which can be downloaded from the official website of the company.
You may be interested in the section: Setup and connection.