How simple and tasty to cook green tomatoes for the winter: salting and pickling green tomatoes, as well as salads, snacks, lecho, caviar, adjika and green tomato jam with step-by-step photo recipes
Canned tomatoes - one of the most popular snacks, which is appropriate for any meal, so every woman tries to surprise her family and guests with unique and original vegetable preparation. For the most part, we cook ripe tomatoes, but green tomatoes can also be extremely tasty, often they become an ideal snack for strong alcoholic beverages.But if many people know how to pickle and pickle classic tomatoes, then not every cook knows how to cook green tomatoes. In this article we have collected for you the most delicious and uncomplicated ways of canning green tomatoes.
The main thing in the article
How to cook green tomatoes for the winter?
Ways to preserve green tomatoes - mass, for every taste and for any table. They are salted, pickled whole and sliced, kvass, stuffed with greens and spicy vegetables, made from them salads, lecho, adjika and even jam.
Green tomatoes have a relatively high shelf life, moreover, vinegar is most often present in recipes for their preparation, which guarantees that even tomatoes without rolling and sterilizing, being in a cold room, will not only spoil for a long time, but will also retain their piquant, sourish spicy taste.
Preserving green tomatoes for the winter: simple recipes
Consider the easiest way to preserve green tomatoes, as they say, for beginners. But from this cooked for this recipe vegetables do not become less tasty. The method does not require sterilization, as well as adding water.
- 1 kg of medium tomatoes must be chopped (each cut into 4 or 8 parts).
- Mix with chopped greens (to taste), garlic cloves (5 pieces will be enough), passed through the garlic pot, chopped pepper (1 pod).
- Add 1 tbsp. l of salt and sugar and pour 70 ml of vinegar.
After this, the workpiece must be placed in a saucepan and sent to a dark place. After some time, the tomatoes will give a lot of juice, then they need to be decomposed into jars and sent to the cold. After a week, you can try these green tomatoes.
How to pickle green tomatoes for the winter?
To make this snack you will need:
- 1-1.5 kg of green tomatoes of medium size (if the tomatoes are large, cut them into 4 slices);
- 200 g of parsley and dill, you can add a little celery;
- garlic head;
- one pod of red hot pepper,
- 1 tablespoon salt;
- a little more than 600 ml of water (about 3 glasses).
- Tomatoes are well mine, in the meantime we boil water in a saucepan, throw greens into it and boil for 5 minutes, add salt.
- We cut each clove of garlic in half, extract the seeds from the pepper and cut it into small half-hen.
- Tomatoes are laid out in cans, which should be sterilized beforehand (from a specified amount of tomato, you get an average of 3 liter cans).
- We lay out the tomatoes, alternating them with sprigs of greens, slices of celery and garlic cloves, ringlets of hot pepper.
- We put one bay leaf into each jar - to enhance the taste and aroma, then pour the tomatoes with hot pickle.
Each can is sealed with a sterile cap. Salted tomatoes are sent to a cool dark place, and after 2 weeks they can be consumed.
Even if the tomatoes are already not quite green, but have acquired a brown shade, they are still suitable for such canning and turn out to be delicious: they will be a little softer than green ones, but such tomatoes will spill faster.
The recipe for green tomato "fingers lick" for the winter
Variations of salads from green tomatoes on the theme “fingers you will lick” - a myriad, we consider the most interesting and fresh -salad of unripe tomatoes in Korean. Thanks to this method, vegetables are marinated in their own juice, and a savory, tangy flavor appears due to the addition of spices. On 1 kg of green tomatoes we take:
- Tomatoes wash, dry, chop half rings pieces.
- Shred greens, garlic cleaned and chopped with a knife.
- Pepper deprive the "tail" and viscera, cut into small straws or dice.
- Prepare the container for the salad.
- In one container, mix sliced tomatoes with other vegetables, add the marinade ingredients - sugar, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar and mix well.
- We distribute the salad in cans, cork and put in cool for 8-10 hours. After that, it can already be consumed, or stored until winter.
Salad of green tomatoes for the winter: a recipe with photos
You can make a wonderful fresh and crispy salad from green tomatoes. For this you need:
- Grind tomatoes in any form.
- Add onions, cut into rings, and carrot, diced or grated.
- Grind hot peppers.
- Squeeze a pair of garlic cloves.
- Lightly salt and sweeten.
- Pour in vegetable oil.
- Mix vegetables, fill with oil, add water, salt, sugar and insist 2-3 hours.
After that, we put the saucepan with the salad on the fire, boil the liquids and simmer the vegetables on a slow fire for 25-30 minutes, then pour in the vinegar and turn off the gas. You can use it immediately, but you can roll up a salad into sterilized jars, boiling it over low heat for about 30 minutes.
Recipe for pickling green tomatoes for the winter
The recipe for sweet green tomatoes for the winter
Green tomatoes are sour by themselves, so the recipes for their preparation often contain sugar to make their taste more piquant and interesting. We offer to enjoy green tomatoes in a sweet-sour-spicy marinade. Take:
- A spacious container (a plastic bucket of 5 liters is a good fit) should be well washed and treated with boiling water.
- Rinse tomatoes and cut each in half or into 4 parts, put in a bucket.
- For marinade: remove red pepper from seeds, peel from garlic and grind everything in a meat grinder. Add salt and sugar to vinegar, dissolve, mix with pepper and garlic. The resulting marinade pour to the tomatoes, mix.
- Cover the bucket with a plate and put it overnight or for 12 hours under a press. After this time, drain the excess liquid from the tomato, put them in jars, clean in the cool.
- You can eat them after 14 days, but the longer they are stored, the richer their taste will be.
Stuffed green tomatoes for the winter: photo recipe
Looking for a recipe for how to cook green tomatoes, you can choose the option of stuffed tomatoes. This is a very piquant dish, which does not leave indifferent any lover of “something sharper”.Such tomatoes and ask for "under the vodka," but very tasty and just like that - with any side dish or meat dish.
For stuffing you need to take:
- With all the tomato cut off the top, it will serve as a "lid". You can cut the hat of the tomato is not completely (so that on the one hand it is connected to a tomato) - it will be even more convenient. Spoon carefully choose the pulp of a tomato without damaging the integrity of their walls.
- Cooking minced greens, peppers and garlic, as well as the pulp selected from the tomato. It will be more convenient to twist them into a meat grinder, or use a blender, although you can chop the vegetables manually. Before you put the stuffing in the tomatoes, it should be how to salt.
- Tomatoes are filled with minced meat and closed with lids.
- After that, the tomatoes are laid out in one large container, filled with vinegar with water, salt and sugar and sent to a cool place - in the cellar or on the balcony, and after 10 days you can serve this snack on the table and treat it to guests.
You can arrange tomatoes in banks and pour them with brine, roll up sterile lids and put away in the cold, thus obtaining an excellent harvest for the winter.
Green Pickled Tomatoes: A Simple Recipe
One of the easiest ways to cook green tomatoes for the winter is to ferment them. For more piquancy, you can stuff them as in the previous paragraph. The whole chip of such tomatoes is in brine. At 1 kg of tomatoes will need:
- Prepare the stuffing of chopped bitter pepper, garlic, parsley and add some salt.
- We wash the tomatoes, make an incision (not to the end) and separate the cap.
- The filling is distributed over the tomatoes, covered with a “lid”.
- For brine: In 1 liter of water, dissolve the salt and sugar in the above amounts, bring the marinade to a boil and cool to a warm state.
- Place the tomatoes in a saucepan and fill with brine, put them under a small press in a cold place. You can eat fermented tomatoes in 3 days.
Green tomatoes for the winter barrel
Recipe for Green Spicy Tomatoes for Winter
The trick of a sharp green tomato is to make a hot and spicy stuffing of these tomatoes. For this you need to use a lot of garlic and hot chili pepper. Let's learn how to cook this burning bomb - with a rich taste that stimulates the appetite.
On 5 kg of green tomatoes:
- 1 large bunch of parsley, dill, celery
- 3-4 large heads of garlic
- 2 chili peppers (pulp without seeds).
For the marinade: mix a glass of 9% vinegar + table salt + 0.5 table sugar.
For the filling: greens, garlic, pepper mince, add salt.
- In each tomato make a cut (pocket), which is stuffed with a filling.
- Banks process the boiling water and close the tomatoes in them.
- Pour the banks with tomatoes with boiling water, cover with lids and hold for 20 minutes.
- Pour the liquid from the tomato into one container and add the marinade prepared in advance, let the brine boil.
- After - again we spill the brine on the banks and cork them. Next, turn over the cans with the lids down, wrap them before cooling, and you can help yourself.
Recipe for green tomatoes for the winter in Armenian
In the variant tomato in Armenian, instead of the parsley familiar to us, you need to use cilantro, basil and other herbs, without which it is impossible to imagine the cuisine of the peoples of the Caucasus. We give a delicious recipe for green tomatoes from Michael Arayan.
Lecho of green tomatoes for the winter: the best recipe
We offer a little retreat from the classic version of lecho of pepper and tomato, and add to it a little piquancy in the form of unripe tomatoes. For the most delicious lecho green tomato we take:
These proportions "will give" us about 2 liters of finished lecho. Prepare products as shown in the photo.
Pour vegetable oil at the bottom of the pan, lay out all the prepared vegetables, pour out the tomato sauce, and cook in a pan with the lid closed for 1.5 hours, stirring lecho (two times will be enough).
After a specified time, it is salted with salt, added sugar, pepper and left to cook for another 10 minutes. Then pour vinegar, mix.
Roll up the billet into dry, sterilized jars, turn it over and cover with a blanket. After cooling, store as usual.
Cucumbers with green tomatoes: original recipe
An unexpected combination, you say. But, having prepared such a salad, you will surely become every year to treat your family with this original preparation. About 7 cans of salad per 1 liter will be obtained from the specified amount of products.
- Prepare and sterilize jars and lids.
- Chop vegetables for salad, as you like, cut the greens into smaller pieces, mix everything in a deep bowl.
- At the bottom of each jar lay out the above components, then tamp the jars with chopped vegetables and herbs more tightly.
- We do not add water here: in the process of marinating the vegetables, they will let in enough juice, the bulk ingredients will dissolve, and the spices will give off the flavor.
- We roll up the jars with sterile caps, turn them over and place them under the covers.
Jam made of green tomatoes with a seal for the winter
Do you think the harvesting of green tomatoes will not be able to spread on bread? You are mistaken, there is a dish option for lovers of vegetable caviar or tomato jam, and we will share it with you.
The recipe of green tomatoes in tomato for the winter
Green tomatoes in tomato are extremely tasty, especially if you try to cook them so that they soften their dense structure, making them soft and tender, but retaining their shape. Take:
- Prepare all the vegetables - remove the tails of the tomatoes, leave them whole, give the carrots and peppers to look like straws, and onions - the little rings.
- Fry the vegetables in butter for a couple of minutes until golden, add the tomatoes last.
- When the tomatoes are “grabbed” with a crust, add tomato paste, dilute it with water and throw loose ingredients.
- Stew tomatoes in tomato sauce for 10-15 minutes, the gravy should be sour and sweet.
- Add garlic and chopped greens (optional) at the very end.
- Next, the workpiece can be decomposed into banks, and you can let it brew and treat a little immediately.