How do Kanzashes?
Watch the video
Kanzashi is a hair ornament. They have long been used in Chinese and Japanese hairstyles. Now these decorations have become very popular not only in Eastern countries, but also far beyond their borders. Kanzash colors can be used not only for making jewelry for hair (rubber bands, pins, rims), but also as a decoration, creating an original interior.
Today we will talk about how the Kanzas are doing, we will give an instruction for making this decoration with our own hands.
Tools and materials
To make kanzash flowers you will need:
- Tapes satin, reps, silk of any colors;
- Candle or lighter;
- Glue "Moment-gel";
- Pencil or chalk;
- Monofilament or just strong thread;
- Beads, buttons, sequins.
It is better to start with a large tape measuring 5 * 5 cm,so it will be easier to make flowers. Although you can choose another fabric - silk, organza. As for the glue, "Moment-gel" will suit best - it will slowly wither, and if something does not work out the first time, it will be possible to remake. Tweezers will be needed to fold petals (although this can be done with your fingers). The thread is needed in order to sew petals, chalk - to properly mark the fabric or tape.
How to make Kansas flowers: instruction
From the tapes you can make many different petals for future colors. The most common are sharp and round.
- It is necessary to cut the ribbon into the same squares.
- Then, using a candle or a lighter, scorch the edges so that the tape does not crumble. Do this quickly, with a small fire, so that the edges do not turn black.
- Next, you need to fold the square diagonally once.
- Then the resulting triangle is folded again diagonally.
- The sharp angle of the triangle, where the ends of the tape meet, it is necessary to cut a little and solder with the help of a cigarette lighter. Get a sharp petal. Five or seven such petals should be made.
- Then you need to cut out a small circle of cardboard, glue it with tape using glue, and then paste the petals on the resulting circle.
- Now it remains to attach the middle. To do this, you need to glue the bead or button in the center.
- Again, cut the ribbon into squares and scorch the edges.
- Next, add the square diagonally to make a triangle.
- Now add the lateral edges of the triangle to the middle - again a square is obtained.
- Then fold it in half so that the folded sides of the triangle are outside.
- We cut the tips of the sharp corners and solder the cigarette lighter.
- We make several more petals and add the flower.
- Petals can be gathered on a thread, and you can immediately glue to the base - cardboard.
From the petals, which we learned to do, we can make multilayered flowers.For example, from the bottom there will be a flower of 11 petals, from above it is necessary to glue a flower from 9 petals, and at the very top there is a flower of 7 petals. Do not forget to combine beautiful colors.
Of these colors will be the original rubber,hairpins, or you can attach such a flower to the bezel. There are many different colors made in Kansas technique. You can also make Kanzash with the help of one more instruction presented in our Kanzashi article: a master class.