How do I uninstall Windows Media Player?
Experts do not advise removing Windows MediaPlayer completely - to it in the course of work can be invisibly to the user to address other programs installed on the computer. By the way, Internet Explorer also works with programs.
However, it happens that WMP slows down the workPC, and if the user suddenly decides to download other players to the computer, disables the new program and stops working himself. As a result, a person is completely isolated from viewing video and audio records on his computer.
How to disable Windows Media Player onoperating system XP and Windows 7 in this situation? There are two options: either use a special program to remove WMP (but be sure to take into account the above risks), or simply turn off the player using the Control Panel. Let's consider both options in more detail.
Option 1. How to uninstall Windows Media Player program
- Download from the Internet program Xp-AntiSpy
- Go to the "MP Player Settings" section and tick "Enable MP Player Removal"
- Press the button "Accept changes"
- Then go to Start and move on the following path: Control Panel - then Add or Remove Programs - further Windows Components.
- Select Windows Media Player and uncheck the box beside this notation
- Click "Next".
After that, the player must be removed from thehard drive. But keep in mind that before you begin the operation to eliminate the MP, you must completely disconnect it from the programs on the computer and the browser. Otherwise, the whole system will fail.
Option 2: How to disable WMP without removing
These actions are much easier. We use the standard Start menu. For this:
- Select Start Settings
- Follow the path: Settings - next Control Panel - later Add or Remove Programs.
- In the list on the left we find the third button "Windows Components".
- Next, look for Windows Media Player and remove the tick next to it.
- Click Next.
If the menu is English-speaking, follow this path:
Start - then Settings - then Control Panel -further Add or Remove Programs. Select the third button in the row on the left "AddRemove Windows Components". Then find the list of Windows Media Player and remove the checkmark. To complete the process, click Next.
Here in such simple ways you can remove Windows 7 Media Player or just disable it.