How do I run GTA 4?
One of the most popular games today is consideredgame GTA 4, which has won the love of a huge number of gamers around the world. Players adore this game for the fact that it allows you to do whatever the soul wants in a virtual city, and also has an interesting story. However, when you start the game GTA 4 may have difficulties. Few of the gamers understand how to run GTA 4, if it does not start correctly on the computer.
Let us consider possible problems and their solutions.
System requirements GTA 4
If the game GTA 4 does not start, then maybe your computer does not fit the minimum system requirements:
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.4 GHz;
- Memory: 1.5 GB (Windows XP) 2 GB (Windows Vista);
- Graphics Card: 256 MB Nvidia GeForce 7900/256 MB ATI Radeon x1900;
- DirectX 9.0c.
If your computer is below these requirements, then the gamesimply will not start or will strongly brake and turn off by itself in some moments. It is recommended to have a computer that exceeds these minimum requirements, and the better your system, the more graphical settings you can connect without compromising gameplay and performance.
How to run a pirated version of GTA 4
To run a pirated version of the game, you need to download an image of the game from the torrent or any other resource and crack for cracking. If after installation the game does not want to run, then you need:
- Delete the game and Games For Windows from your computer completely with all the files.
- Download the latest version of Games For Windows from the Microsoft website.
- Install the game again and put the correct crack.
- Go to the "Control Panel" in the "Accounts" section. Click on "Change User Account Control Settings". Put the slider in the bottom, where the inscription "Never notify" will be displayed.
- Disable the antivirus and firewall on the computer.
- Run the game and test its performance.
Thus, a pirated version of GTA 4 is installed on the computer. However, even with the correct installation of the game, there may be problems with the launch. These problems will be discussed below.
Other possible problems when starting GTA 4
Here are the most common startup problems and their solution
- The game does not start because it lacksdrivers for devices. In this case, you need to update all the important drivers on your computer, namely the drivers for the video card, processor, DirectX, and the Visual C ++ library. All drivers can be easily found on the Internet on the sites of manufacturers;
- The game does not start on Windows 8 and beyond. There is a problem with the compatibility of the game with the operating system. To fix this problem, you need to find the file "GTAIV.exe" in the folder of the installed game and open its properties through the context menu. There in the "Compatibility" section, you must select the compatibility mode with Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). After that, the game should be started correctly;
- If the game hangs at the initial splash screen, you need to download this archive and unpack it into the game folder. It will allow you to unlock the configuration changes;
- The game may also require an installation disc. Then you can mount the image of the game into the program Daemon Tools and run it.
Also you can read our useful article. How to activate GTA 4.