How do I create a theme?
Watch the video
Studying the basics of programming and creating websites,Beginning site designers are thinking about how to properly create a theme. In the article, we will consider the principles of the layout under the CMS, namely - how to create a theme in Wordpress, tk. it is a popular CMS.
Creating a theme in Wordpress
If you want to make a theme for this CMS, you must follow the instructions:
- First you need to make a Photoshop layout. To do this, use GlossyBlue.
- Thus, you have a PSD-design, make HTML and CSS-templates for each page. HTML can be used to simplify the development - it will only be necessary to add Wordpress code.
- Wordpress pages are formed by using templated php files (index.php, header.php, sidebar.php, footer.php).
- Now you need to copy the HTML section from GlossyBlue to the wp-content directory. In the glossyblue section, copy searchform.php and comments.php.
- Go to index.html. Cut out the code from the top to the text "! - / header / -" and paste it into the new php file, saving it as header.php. Go to the default section, open the header.php. Change the tags where the php code requires.
- Cut out the index.html file code from "form id = searchform" to "div id = sidebar", paste it into a new file, saving it as sidebar.php
- Again open index.html. Cut out the code from "div id = footer" to "/ html" and paste it into the new footer.php.
- In index.html there will be 1 line "div id = content". Add the code get_header, get_sidebar, get_footer.
- Go to the default section, where go to index.php. It is necessary to copy the cycle of the standard index.php into your file between "div id = content" and "/ div".
Go to the admin panel, open the "design", make the active glossyblue theme, go back to the main template area. This completes the creation of the topic.
Creating a theme in joomla
- Create a directory (the name must matchfuture template). In it, make 3 files index.php, templateDetails.xml and a stylesheet. Each folder must have an empty index.html.
- It is necessary to create an html folder in which layouts and other parts of the site should be located.
- Index.php - the main theme file. In it, the second and third lines indicate the type of document for Internet browsers. The fifth line connects the function joomla, which fills the data in the head of the site. It is strictly necessary! 6-8 lines are required for the site's style. The twelfth line is needed to display the text of the page.
- To add new items to a topic, useblock body. You can add caps, columns and footer. When you install the template, this data will be available in the selection of module positions in the joomla administrative panel.
If you want to learn more about creating themes for Windows, see How to create a theme for Windows.