Homemade shower gel
In this article you will learn how to make a shower gel at home. This tool is a great alternative to store counterparts. Gel will turn out not only budgetary, but also absolutely harmless, natural. In addition, you can safely experiment with smells and find your unique fragrance.
Homemade shower gel will leave a light scent on your skin, so you will not need to use additional flavored creams after washing. In addition, the tool will nourish the skin and help keep it hydrated for a long time. The one who tries to make a shower gel with his own hands, as a rule, does not return to the store options after that.
We recommend to see: natural soap at home
What do we need?
- distilled or mineral water - 5 glasses
- baby soap - half a standard piece
- base oil (coconut, almond, olive) - half a cup
- filler (oatmeal, ground into a crumb, sleeping coffee, sesame seed, etc.) - 1 tablespoon
- any essential oil
How to make a gel?
- Soap must be grated. This is what will later be the foaming soap base of our homemade shower gel.
Pour the water into the pot, put it on a slow fire. We pour out the soap, stir it. If the water boils, reduce the heat. We just need to completely dissolve the soap in warm water.
- Next, pour oil into it, do not remove it from the fire. Oil will not mix with water due to different densities, but we still need to constantly stir our future natural shower gel.
- At this stage, add the filler. Take oatmeal only as a last resort, because its presence will reduce the shelf life of a natural shower gel. It is better to take coffee or crushed nuts, sesame - something that deteriorates very slowly or does not spoil at all.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool. After some time, the mixture will be a little attractive in appearance - several layers form in the pan. Stir them with a spoon, and then pour it into a container.
- Add 15 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil and shake well the container with the cap tightly screwed on. Done!
The yield of the final product is about half a liter.You have to agree that it was budget and, most importantly, harmless to the skin - no harmful additives. Before each use, the gel must be thoroughly shaken.
If you do not know which flavor to choose, pour the shower gel into small bottles, and in hypermarkets look for the essential oils in the kits (they contain from 5 to 10 different flavors) and try different tastes.