Handmade paper basketMay 5, 2013
From waste paper, which is used for packaging, you can get a beautiful basket. This homemade handmade paper basket can be used for storing handicrafts, keys, remote controls and other things. In the manufacture of this thing, two tasks are solved at once: the problem of storing various items and the disposal of unnecessary paper.
Ordinary brown wrapping paper doesn’t look very presentable, and many people simply throw it away, but if you apply it properly, then the paper basket will turn out not only practical, but also beautiful. Such material as paper gives you the opportunity to experiment with shapes, colors and sizes, the main thing is to be neat and do everything carefully when working.
The woven basket will be made of strips of brown wrapping paper, stitched on both sides with a typewriter. This will not only add strength to the basket, but also decorate it.
For the manufacture of paper baskets are needed: a large roll of brown paper (you can use the remnants of wallpaper, gift wrapping and even newspapers), glue, paper clips, a sewing machine.
How to make a basket of paper
- A wide sheet of wrapping or wrapping paper is folded into strips in several layers. Their number depends primarily on the thickness of the paper itself, as long as the strip turns out to be both durable and elastic enough to bend.
- On a sewing machine with the help of threads in tone (you can take and contrast) stitched stripes along from both edges, retreating from the edge for some distance. It is important to make the seams even as they will be visible. The same is repeated for the remaining paper strips. In this example, 8 strips are used for weaving a paper basket.
- Four strips are placed on the working surface and four more perpendicular to them and interlaced from each other in a crosswise manner, in a checkerboard pattern. If there are any flaws on the strips, they should remain on top, and they will be inside the finished product.
- In places of interlacing, strips of paper are glued together with a suitable glue - this will give an additional strength to a homemade basket.
- One side of the resulting cross is measured with a ruler or tape measure, add another five centimeters and multiply by four - so get the length of strips of paper for the walls of the basket.As described above, make a few more strips.
- Proceed to the vertical weaving of the walls of the basket, and for fixing the connections using conventional clips.
- To complete the weaving of the first circle, the ends of the strips are hidden between the vertical stripes, and if there is a need, they are pruned.
- For durability, the ends of the strips are better glued with glue.
- Then continue to weave a basket of paper strips in a circle, moving up and moving paper clips.
- In this case, 4 circles are made, but at will you can make a basket higher or lower, depending on what is stored in it.
- To form the edge of the basket, the remaining ends of the strips are folded inward, cut unnecessary.
- For greater strength, the edges of the strips are glued and the strips are fixed with clips or clips until the glue dries.