Can I leave the numbers?
Since April 2011 have come into forcechanges made to the Rules for the registration of vehicles. In particular, the amended rules say whether it is possible to leave the numbers and sell the car without removing it from the register. Now this is permitted if the seller and the new owner of the car have a residence permit for the same region of Russia, decided by mutual consent to leave the previous license plates with the vehicle.
Process of renewal
If you describe the entire process of buying and selling cars and its subsequent design, then it looks like this:
- The contract of sale and commission is drawn up. New data are entered in the vehicle's passport. After that the seller can be free.
- The MTPL policy is drawn up in the name of the new owner.
- From the car numbers are removed, the application with the request on, whether it is possible to leave old numbers is filled. All documents are submitted to the first registration window. List of documents:
- commission agreement;
- contract of sale;
- Certificate of registration of the vehicle issued to the previous owner;
- the policy of OSAGO of the new owner;
- both taken numbers.
- Back get a formalized application for the registration actions, along with a package of documents, a receipt for payment of state duty and extracts from the bases.
- You pay a receipt.
- To verify the numbers, drive the car to the site.
- Return documents to MREO with all marks on the suitability of license plates and verification of unit numbers.
- You get a new registration certificate and PTS.
Advantages when saving license plates
When saving old license plates, the sellercan not take off his vehicle. It will be enough for him to just sign his contract of sale and get the sum due. The main burden of cares lies on the shoulders of the buyer. The buyer also does not have to spend on new license plates, and the process of issuing documents will take less time, since there is no need to register a vehicle, but you only need to re-register it for a new owner. By the way, and saving money here. Yes, and time savings, too, since its main losses are reduced to waiting for its turn.