Autumn call 2018 in Russia: the timing of the conduct and the number of recruits
There is not much time left until the autumn draft of 2018, which means that in accordance with Art. 25 of the Federal Law "On Military Duty and Military Service" of 28.03.1998 No. 53, young male Russians aged 18 to 27 years old will have to do military service in special formations (army units, state security bodies, federal fire service divisions and other .).
In Art. 25 states that conscription takes place 2 times a year: from mid-spring to mid-summer and from mid-autumn to mid-winter. In this regard, the actual question arises - when exactly will the autumn draft campaign in 2018 take place?
Dates of the beginning and end of the summer and autumn draft are indicated in the same Art. 25 FZ №53. The first campaign has already passed from April 1 to July 15, and the second is just to take place from October 1 to December 31.
Despite the fact that the President of the Russian Federation has the right to change the date of the appeal by issuing an appropriate decree, this year such changes are not planned and are not expected. So in the fall of 2018, the procedure starts on the day clearly established by law - October 1. In the military commissariats will earn special commissions, and young people will be required to appear on the agenda sent out and undergo a medical examination. Experts will determine whether the boys are suitable for the execution of civic duty. As a result of an examination by a cardiologist, a dentist, an oculist, a neuropathologist and some other doctors, a person will be considered fit, partially fit (enrolled and can only be called up for military training) or completely unfit for service due to health (completely exempted from conscription).
However, for some categories of citizens there are their own terms of recruitment, which differ from the above-mentioned general dates. In particular, we are talking about:
- residents of the Far North and areas actually equated to this area - here the campaign starts on November 1 and ends on December 31;
- villagers and villagers who are engaged in sowing or harvesting, from October 15 to December 31;
- teaching staff working in educational institutions - from May 1 to July 15.
To confirm compliance with one of these provisions and get a legal reprieve, the young person will need to provide the military registration and enlistment office with a supporting document - a residence permit (for residents of the Far North) or an employment contract / employment record (for special categories of employees).
Number of draftees
While the exact number of recruits, to which military units will be replenished very soon, is unknown. This figure will be finally established only when a special Presidential Decree on military draft is issued in the autumn of 2018.
At the moment, young men can rely on the results of the spring campaign in 2018, during which 128,000 citizens were mobilized. Since 2012, the number of "conscripts" did not exceed 155,500 people in any appeal. This is due to the fact that the government thoroughly took up the increase in the share of contract employees in the Armed Forces. Today, active reforms are continuing in this area,Therefore, in this sense, future soldiers may not worry - the general tendency to replace them with “contract soldiers” will continue, and the number of recruits determined by presidential decree will hardly differ from the recent spring-summer value. Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said that the ratio should be as follows: 15% of "conscripts" to 85% of contract employees.
Service life and conditions
This year, the government has not made any amendments or adjustments regarding the overall life of the draftee. In accordance with paragraph. "D" h. 1 Article. 38, citizens who were called in to fulfill conscription after January 1, 2008, are required to serve 12 months (1 year). Despite the fact that some deputies are proposing to increase the service life to 1 year and 8 months, and the maximum draft age to 30 years, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation has not yet begun to consider and discuss this option.
But the armies themselves are being updated, modernized, improved. Many significant changes in the domestic character have already entered into the life of a soldier - now each employee:
- It has a personal bag-wardrobe (in French, “necessary”), which includes a complete set of shaving and hygiene items (brush, toothpaste, comb, patches, etc.).
- Can carry a push-button mobile phone and call relatives. Officially, it is allowed to do only on weekends in the so-called. “The hour of the call,” but sometimes the authorities make concessions, allowing soldiers to contact their relatives and friends more often.
- Has the right to hourly afternoon nap.
- Can use bank cards directly on the territory of the part. Special machines for issuing bills installed in many military formations. If you wish, you can pay in cash or cashless payments in the canteen, because cards are distributed to young people still in the military registration and enlistment offices. In the corridors are also installed vending machines for various sweets.
- Has a wide selection in food. The quality of soldier’s food has become noticeably better - on the day a servant is offered several first courses, side dishes, as well as fruit juices, compotes, tea, coffee and pastries.
In addition, today the draftee has a small, but still a real chance to get into the so-called. a scientific company is a special military unit that engages in research activities in the framework of cooperation with a specific manufacturing enterprise of the Russian defense industry.As a rule, graduates or students of technical institutes and universities to be called up are defined here: talented chemists, physicists, programmers, specialists in automated systems and many others. The competition is 25 people for 1 place. Getting here not only provides a man the opportunity to engage in a clear and familiar affair, but also opens up great prospects for him.